website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2021

Totallympics

The competition will still go ahead as competitors from the following 10 nations - :AUS:AUT:BEL:CZE:EGY:GER:GBR:ISR:ITA:NED - will be exempt from the 10-day quarantine.

However... these 10, many of them Commonwealth nations - :BOT:SWZ:HKG:LES:MAD:MOZ:NAM:RSA:TAN:ZIM - are barred outright (as of 3 December) and cannot field teams. What this means for the Commonwealth Championships (to be held in tandem with the Worlds, having been postponed once already) remains to be seen.

7 hours ago, MHSN said:

Link not working my friend. Guess they took it down, because IWF.....

By the way, anymore countries on the verge of withdrawing? I'm afraid of losing credibility of the competition, if some more pull out..

Updated start book here - and the event documents page, where any updates will show up (in case more existing links are taken down)

Side note - designation as :CMW Ch remains. Best-placed non-English lifter in each weight class qualifies for the 2022 CWG (:ENG gets host quotas).

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Link not working my friend. Guess they took it down, because IWF.....

yes they published an updated version. I don't know why they delete the previous list whenever they upload something new

https://iwf.sport/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2021/12/2021_IWF_WORLD_CHAMPIONSHIPS_v1_1.pdf

2 hours ago, thepharoah said:

May be an image of 1 person and text

Gold for Nigeria in Total in women's -55 kg , silver went to Tunisia , sounds historic that the 1st 2 lifters are from african countries in the same weight category 

And bronze got Ukrainian Samuliak

That old saying coming true again for the second tier sports, No Eurosport = No interest in your event. At least from my point of view and for Europe. I doubt many European countries have bought this for their prolific sports channels. With their current situation, IWF should be begging Eurosport to show this, they should be the ones paying them...

As for the event itself, didn't see much, but with the Chinese missing, there are not many spectacular results. Of course the timing and period of this event adds to it. Our team is slightly underperforming as well, at least those who are here, compared with the results from the Euro in April.