website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics LEN European Championships 2018

Totallympics

1 minuto fa, OlympicsFan ha scritto:

Dont think any of the medallists today would currently be able to win a medal at world level. Dont see any of them winning a medal in 2020, maybe except for Russia in mens 4 x 100 relay.

don't you think that Romanchuk has any chance in the longer distances?

12 minuti fa, OlympicsFan ha scritto:

What is a 10-star student? Both her and Quadarella have the potential to win medals at a global level in the future, although neither of them is close to being a favorite for a medal in 2020. Apart from Paltrinieri and Detti your best chances might be Miressi and Martinenghi.

I mean she has had particularly good results also in her studies...2 months ago she had the maximum votes in her final examination at the end of her high school career...

p.s. and Condorelli...I'm sure he'll get better than he was in Rio (and there, he got 4th in the 100m free)...

Martinenghi, instead, has really big troubles with his injury...I hope he will not have his career compromised by that...

Edited by phelps

vor 4 Minuten schrieb phelps:

don't you think that Romanchuk has any chance in the longer distances?

Yes, of course, i should have said that i was only talking about the events they competed in today. Romanchuk, Paltrinieri and Detti are the guys to beat in 800/1500 on the way to Tokyo, as a german fan i hope that Wellbrock can also enter the conversation and tomorrow i hope for an interesting final between Quadarella and Köhler. Today it looked as if Quadarella is miles ahead based on the time, but i think tomorrow it will be closer.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb phelps:

I mean she has had particularly good results also in her studies...2 months ago she had the maximum votes in her final examination at the end of her high school career...

So in Italy your grades are decided by votes? Based on ... ?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 minuti fa, OlympicsFan ha scritto:

So in Italy your grades are decided by votes? Based on ... ?

the high school results of each student are evaluated with a final score (votes is not the correct word in English, it's just the direct translation of "voto/voti", but I shouldn't have used that word)...

and she got 100 out of 100...

of course that score is based on the results of your previous career in that kind of school and of the scores of the various steps of the final examination (3 written tasks and the final oral coversation about all the disciplines you've studied in the last year)...

Edited by phelps

7 minuti fa, OlympicsFan ha scritto:

Yes, of course, i should have said that i was only talking about the events they competed in today. Romanchuk, Paltrinieri and Detti are the guys to beat in 800/1500 on the way to Tokyo, as a german fan i hope that Wellbrock can also enter the conversation and tomorrow i hope for an interesting final between Quadarella and Köhler. Today it looked as if Quadarella is miles ahead based on the time, but i think tomorrow it will be closer.

yes, they have a very close PB...

still, I hope that Quadarella can improve by a good margin tomorrow (and then what comes out of that would be OK in any case)...

Edited by phelps

I don't know, but 3:19 seems awfully suspicious for a 4x200m freestyle mixed relay.

7Qzi5U3.png

Is this correct? Even the official start list says 4x200 freestyle mixed (obviously I know the WR isn't correct, that's not what my question is about). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!