website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

Super disappointed by Christopher Linke, i expected gold or at least a medal and that was his goal too. Amazing performance by Przybylko. Mihambo was disappointed by her mark, but at least she won the gold. Silver and bronze in womens discus throw were expected, but the marks are really bad, no chance for Germany to win a medal in this event at the next olympics. In mens 5000 m expected gold for wonderboy, we should all be thankful that we can witness a legend like him from a very early age on, although of course there are major doubts about the whole family. Congrats to Poland, they look almost as dominant in track events as GB did in the past. Womens 400 m was much faster than expected, but all those girls are still miles away from being medal contenders at a global stage, at least the polish relay could win bronze in Tokyo. Kszczot doing what he does, he is dominanting this distance in Europe, but i think with Amos, Korir, Murphy and other young african runners his chances of medalling in Tokyo are still very slim, he just cant kick as hard when its not a 1:45 race but a sub 1:44 race. We have to remember that Europe hasnt won a medal in mens 800 m at the last 3 olympics, but before that Europe won gold 3 times in a row (2004 Borzakovskiy, 2000 Schumann and 1996 Rodal).

Asher-Smith today with the most valuable performances of all, i am really starting to think that she could win 2 individual medals in Tokyo and maybe even a gold.

Its hard for a german fan to look at the results and think about what Gina Lückenkemper or Lisa Mayer could have done today, but hopefully they will be fighting for medals against those girls in the future.

Womens relay tomorrow should be interesting, GB the clear favorite. Netherlands and Germany about equal 2nd/3rd and then France and Switzerland both with a medal chance as well.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Before today i hoped for 21 german medal at the end (which now seems unlikely thanks to Linke not winning a medal), but i thought 18-20 medals would be realistic. Currently Germany is on track to have its best european championships since 1998 (23 medals), 19-20 medals are still possible. Sadly Holzdeppe and Heß didnt make the final and sadly Klein decided not to compete in the 1500 m, otherwise this could have become a legendary day for german athletics.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb heywoodu:

NR's everywhere :cheer:

Once again proving 50.96 in La-Chaux-de-Fonds was no fluke :) 

Overall times in Berlin are suspiciously fast too, we know since 2009 how fast this track is. I think those times will remain lifetime bests for many of the girls.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb dcro:

6.75 for gold is just... Sad.

Very tricky conditions, but in the end the best athlete won. Ugen and Proctor are overrated, but they are still among the 4 best long jumpers in Europe together with Mihambo and Spanovic. In the qualification we also had no long jumps.

I was yesterday in the stadium. Great athmosphere But not easy to Watch, too much going on at the same time. I was a bit lost, and I liked more the field disciplines than running which is opposite to what I like on tv.

still somehow the most exciting event was 4x400 men relay

18 minutes in and the Greek is already 20 minutes behind, now that's a pace I could follow :p

GCMK7Ea.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

So what's your marathon PB? :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!