website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Actually it's quite a decent result (not 'great', could have been a meter or so more, but not bad), her 58m is just a huge outlier :d 

Look. I gave Vetter the bronze in the prediction contest and I was expecting at least 56 :d

15 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I am officially a fan of the dutch athletics team, Visser, Vetter and Krumins all seem to be very likeable athletes. Too bad we also have to have Schippers and Hassan in our team.

Hassan is actually quite likeable as well, always friendly and polite to everyone and always being quite modest about herself. Too bad she's training with that shady dude in the US though. 

Churandy Martina and Liemarvin Bonevacia are some of the most chill athletes ever (I guess the Netherlands Antilles have a positive spirit) as well. 

It's just a matter of waiting for Turkey or Azerbaijan to please help us get rid of Schippers. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

24 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

That would be great for her, has she ever finished with a silver medal before? I think with all the talents coming through (Vicente, Ruckstuhl, Lagger, Sukh) constantly being 2nd would be great for her.

Yeah, this Shukh girl is one to watch out for. She's recored 51 m in the javelin here already. I thought Ruckstuhl was much older tbh. She seems to be around for a much longer than in reality.

vor 1 Minute schrieb heywoodu:

Hassan is actually quite likeable as well, always friendly and polite to everyone and always being quite modest about herself. Too bad she's training with that shady dude in the US though. 

Churandy Martina and Liemarvin Bonevacia are some of the most chill athletes ever (I guess the Netherlands Antilles have a positive spirit) as well. 

It's just a matter of waiting for Turkey or Azerbaijan to please help us get rid of Schippers. 

I only cheer for female dutch athletes, sorry. Hassan is not interesting to me, she left our home to go to the US, i cant back her anymore.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

15 minutes ago, dcro said:

And a proof it's easier to have 7 events than 10. :p

I truly wonder why women's decathlon is not being added as a 'thing' yet. I mean, awesome events are being thrown out of the window left and right to make space for women's events (even if they're not competitive), all in the name of gender equality, yet women still have to accept doing 'only' 7 events, jumping over lower hurdles (and a shorter distance), throwing lighter weights and so on. The whole thing of these special women's weights/heights and only 7 events says "women are not as good as men", which is quite odd to be accepted nowadays. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And what is so wrong with Schippers? Without her, Dutch athletics would be anonymous on a global stage ;) 

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Don't count out Qatar.

Just now, andyjgt said:

Can Ukraine :wUKR: have her?

I wouldn't want to do that to @Xander, although it is amusing when she gets shoethrowingly mad.

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Send her to :AHO, or at least to :ARU. It's not nice to steal without giving anything in return. :p

#banbestmen