website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Official Countdown Thread

8 hours ago, AlFHg said:

http://www.ansa.it/sito/notizie/sport/altrisport/2019/12/03/riforma-cerimoniale-italia-sfilera-penultima-a-pechino-2022_15099b8c-f773-4909-95ff-3514e0036092.html

Changes incoming for parade of nations during opening ceremonies in Olympic Games: while :GRE Greece will still open the parade and host nation will close it, known future host of the games will precede the host country of the Games in the parade. So, in Tokyo 2020, :USA USA will be the third-last (LA 2028), :FRA France second-last (Paris 2024) and :JPN Japan obviously last. In Beijing 2022, :ITA Italy will be second-last and :CHN China will close the ceremony as usual.

mah. I really cannot understand the need for this.

Why have I now the feeling that NBC can finally show only the last 5 minutes of the parade of nations, wasn´t it always the goal ?

10 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Why have I now the feeling that NBC can finally show only the last 5 minutes of the parade of nations, wasn´t it always the goal ?

Please, we’ll show :GRE too. Geez

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I’d be fine if NBC didn’t show the Parade of Nations. That’s when I take my nap. Wake me up when Bach starts to ramble on.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...
Dnia 4.12.2019 o 06:06, Olympian1010 napisał:

I’d be fine if NBC didn’t show the Parade of Nations. That’s when I take my nap. Wake me up when Bach starts to ramble on.

I like the Parades of Nations there, because I always make riddles for those who associate with me how many are able to recognize the warriors of a given country. Although I must admit that when I watched the ceremonies in Pyeongchang, it was very long and long and long, and I didn't even remember the moment of lighting the candle. I remember more from Rio, when we talked with a lot of people about the goals of the Polish team for these games, or the chances of how many medals Poland will win.

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, dcro said:

I see they remain optimistic about the Games actually being held. :p

As do I :yes

EDIT: Probably just jinxed the games there...

Edited by Olympian1010

54 minutes ago, dcro said:

I see they remain optimistic about the Games actually being held. :p

I'm sure they're more fearful behind the scenes than they want the public to know.  One way or the other, I have a feeling there are going to be a lot more empty seats at many venues than they were anticipating.