website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Official Countdown Thread

On 13/08/2018 at 07:37, OlympicsFan said:

I cant await the ticket sale to open, i hope to get my hands on some tickets for the following events:

- Athletics: The day of womens 200 m or womens 5000 m final

- Swimming: The day of mens 1500 m free or mens 200 m IM final

- Tennis: From quarterfinals onwards, preferrably on the mens side

- Basketball: Any game on the mens side with the US or Germany (if Germany qualifies) or any quarterfinal/semifinal

- Track cycling: The day of mens sprint final

- Equestrian: The day of individual/team jumping final

- Fencing: The day of womens individual foil finals

- Gymnastics: The day of womens balance beam final

- Table tennis: The day of mens individual final

Tickets seem rather expensive for athletics/swimming/gymnastics and of course basketball, but for cycling/equestrian the tickets should be rather cheap, so lets see, hopefully not too many other german fans will try to get tickets ...

according the Official site the prices of economic places ,you need around 33500 Y = 259 €

Am 24.8.2018 um 17:27 schrieb CCB:

In The Netherlands ticket sale is not open yet, but I really hope to get the following tickets:
-Gymnastics: women's balance beam final (see you there ;-))

-Track cycling: men's teamsprint

-BMX: finals

-Judo: -70 kg women

-Volleyball/Handball/Waterpolo: any game on the womens side with Netherlands (if they qualifie)

Will be an expensive holiday, but really want to go to an Olympics for the fifth time (after Torino, Vancouver, London and Pyeongchang)

Will/would be my first olympics, i hope to start a tradition ... Paris 2024 and Los Angeles 2028 will be amazing for sure. I just hope that some of the following cities will get olympics in the near future:

Budapest, Shanghai, Moscow, Mexico City, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Berlin, Toronto, Montreal, Saint Petersburg, Melbourne, Chicago

There are other cities that i would love to host the olympics, but they probably can't afford it: Madrid, Rome, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Lima, Santiago, Casablanca, Buenos Aires

About women's balance beam final: I will try to get tickets for that session, but of course it also depends on the schedule, there are other events that have a higher priority for me, so if they take place at about the same time, i won't go to the balance beam final. Let's hope that the balance beam final won't be in the same session as men's floor final, otherwise tickets could be very hard to get.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Am 24.8.2018 um 17:49 schrieb bestmen:

according the Official site the prices of economic places ,you need around 33500 Y = 259 €

It depends on the sport of course. Tickets for athletics and swimming will be expensive, but for other sports there will be tickets for 50 € or less. Marathon should also be a highlight and probably free. The biggest highlight of course will be the country itself (mainly the food and the nature), i hope that i will have enough time to travel the country for a bit after the end of the olympics.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.ansa.it/sito/notizie/sport/altrisport/2019/12/03/riforma-cerimoniale-italia-sfilera-penultima-a-pechino-2022_15099b8c-f773-4909-95ff-3514e0036092.html

Changes incoming for parade of nations during opening ceremonies in Olympic Games: while :GRE Greece will still open the parade and host nation will close it, known future host of the games will precede the host country of the Games in the parade. So, in Tokyo 2020, :USA USA will be the third-last (LA 2028), :FRA France second-last (Paris 2024) and :JPN Japan obviously last. In Beijing 2022, :ITA Italy will be second-last and :CHN China will close the ceremony as usual.

mah. I really cannot understand the need for this.

5 hours ago, AlFHg said:

http://www.ansa.it/sito/notizie/sport/altrisport/2019/12/03/riforma-cerimoniale-italia-sfilera-penultima-a-pechino-2022_15099b8c-f773-4909-95ff-3514e0036092.html

Changes incoming for parade of nations during opening ceremonies in Olympic Games: while :GRE Greece will still open the parade and host nation will close it, known future host of the games will precede the host country of the Games in the parade. So, in Tokyo 2020, :USA USA will be the third-last (LA 2028), :FRA France second-last (Paris 2024) and :JPN Japan obviously last. In Beijing 2022, :ITA Italy will be second-last and :CHN China will close the ceremony as usual.

mah. I really cannot understand the need for this.

Refugees will follow right after Greece. That’s a shame, I liked them coming second to last. The host crowds would probably always given them a huge cheer too. Their the easiest team to support. I always want them to do well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela