website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2021

It's been a few days, but I'll make it short and sweet. Thank you, @Dnl for hosting the show with everything thrown at you, and congratulations to @Hipooo on your first win. Also my congrats to @Wanderer and @Belle on your podium finishes

It's nice to be among the handful of countries with a perfect attendance rate, and we're definitely keeping it going.

Also, my thanks to those who voted for the United States: :SLO:POR:ISR:MLT:LTU:CAN:MDA:GRE:IRL:DEN:GER:ESP:ROU. I'd say a 12th place finish isn't bad, I was hoping for a top 5 finish, but this is nice. I will admit this edition isn't the greatest in terms of quality, tho. I really struggled to pick 12 songs to give points to.

Finally, here are my personal votes

12 -- :FRA 

11 -- :CAN 

10 -- :GRE 

9 -- :SWE 

8 -- :SRB 

7 -- :VIE 

6 -- :KAZ 

5 -- :SLO 

4 -- :ROU 

3 -- :ESP 

2 -- :GBR 

1 -- :CZE 

R1 -- :BUL 

R2 -- :BRA 

R3 -- :MEX 

Now here is something I wanted to do for a long while, but never got around to doing it... Until this week. And it was done much sooner than expected.

I wanted to apply this interesting Eurovision Song Contest analysis on TISC. It's about detecting the strongest two-sided ('collusion') and one-sided voting patterns in TISC history. And oh boy, the results are interesting. :d

First up are the two-sided ('collusion') voting patterns. These pairs of nations have exchanged many more points than it is statistically probable assuming the random distribution. Of course, users don't vote randomly, the random simulations were just used to find the strongest connections.

And down below are the results. The program ran 10,000 random simulations of TISC, and to appear on this map, the nations must have exchanged more points in reality than they did in 9500 or more (95%+) of these 10k random simulations.

There are some definite cultural relationships here (MDA-ROU, AZE-TUR, CZE-SVK). Some relationships are extremely strong though. DEN-NZL, for instance, have exchanged more points in reality than they did in quite literally any of the 10k random simulations. :p I mean, we already knew this, but #RelationshipGoals am I right?

Two-sided voting patterns - click to enlarge

Collusion Map.PNG

And here are the most one-sided relationships of TISC... Maybe I should have used a stricter criteria, or maybe TISC is just full of doomed relationships? :lol: Either way, I hope the map below is readable enough.

Probably the most one-sided TISC relationship has been MDA-SRB. Moldova has awarded 110 points to Serbia (11.0 per edition, including their last 7 gold medals), while Serbia has only 'returned' 26 points. Other most one-sided affairs are CRO-AUS, EGY-GER, EGY-IRL, GUY-TUN, KAZ-AUS, KAZ-CHN, NOR-NED, SUI-IRL.

One-sided voting patterns - click to enlarge

OneSidedMap.PNG

And finally, this analysis was possible only because, at long last, the complete voting history is finally in one place.

If you would like to see your nation's complete voting history, do not hesitate to ask. :) Only the combined votes are available for multi-juries right now, though.

#banbestmen

24 minutes ago, dcro said:

Probably the most one-sided TISC relationship has been MDA-SRB. Moldova has awarded 110 points to Serbia (11.0 per edition, including their last 7 gold medals), while Serbia has only 'returned' 26 points. Other most one-sided affairs are CRO-AUS, EGY-GER, EGY-IRL, GUY-TUN, KAZ-AUS, KAZ-CHN, NOR-NED, SUI-IRL.

Thanks for the hard work on these stats. If not too much to ask, I’d like to see my voting history, since I’ve lost some of it.

I was well aware of Mexican one sided crush on French music, who if I remember correctly have only returned points on one ocasion.

45 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Thanks for the hard work on these stats. If not too much to ask, I’d like to see my voting history, since I’ve lost some of it.

I was well aware of Mexican one sided crush on French music, who if I remember correctly have only returned points on one ocasion.

Here it is.

Spoiler
Edition Voter 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
2013O MEX MAR FRA USA SLO DEN SRB ITA SWE TUR ARG BRA POL
2014A MEX BRA GBR GER POL ITA KAZ ARG SRB MAR AUS SLO ROU
2014O MEX FRA IRL LAT ITA ARG SUI COL NZL GBR POL BRA ESP
2015A MEX CHI FRA GBR CAN SLO BRA DEN ARG ITA IRL LTU MLT
2015O MEX ARG POR MAR NED USA GER LTU CZE FIN ESP MDA CRO
2016A MEX ESP ITA POR CAN SLO BRA CHI TUN MLT INA LTU SVK
2016O MEX ITA LTU USA DEN NED IRL BRA ROU FRA CZE POL ALG
2017A MEX CRO IRI MLT SRB DEN NZL ARG TUN SVK AZE BUL RUS
2017O MEX CAN ARG NZL USA IRL CRO BRA COL ESP NED POL ITA
2018A MEX IRL NOR BRA ITA ARG FIN MDA ALG SVK AUT GER IND
2018O MEX RUS COL BRA ALG USA POR POL DEN MLT BUL INA FRA
2019A MEX NED FRA LTU ITA DEN CRO ALG GER GBR VEN COL NZL
2019O MEX ALG NED AUS SWE ARG FIN ESP LTU SLO NZL CHI POL
2020A MEX AUS NOR POL BRA USA CAN FRA TUN CHN GER UKR GRE
2020O MEX MLT SRB ARG IRL CZE FRA NZL MDA ROU KAZ EGY POR
2021A MEX INA CAN KAZ USA FRA POR NOR SVK GRE NED ESP CRO
2021O MEX NZL CRO FRA ARG GRE SRB CZE DEN KAZ LTU UKR HUN

#banbestmen

Yup, in last 14 editions I awarded 114 points to Denmark, they got points in every edition except when they won :lol:  Twice 12 pts, three times 11 and once 10 points included.

Argentina also gets a lot of points from me, 78 points in total in last 14 editions, sitting on the second position right after Denmark. But indeed I think I don't get as much points from them neither.

As for SVK, they got 0 in these 14 editions :red:

A curious case - I almost never award points to Poland, the only time got points - it was 12 :lol: 
USA is another case where no points have been awarded so far :curious: 

18 hours ago, dcro said:

Two-sided voting patterns - click to enlarge

Collusion Map.PNG

And here are the most one-sided relationships of TISC... Maybe I should have used a stricter criteria, or maybe TISC is just full of doomed relationships? :lol: Either way, I hope the map below is readable enough.

This is super interesting! I knew i voted sometimes for some northern african songs but didn't knew there was this relation with Tunisia, i'm guessing Myrath and Emel Mathlouthi are responsible of this (that performance of her singing in the nobel peace price concert.... it's breathtaking....).

1 hour ago, kungshamra71 said:

This is super interesting! I knew i voted sometimes for some northern african songs but didn't knew there was this relation with Tunisia, i'm guessing Myrath and Emel Mathlouthi are responsible of this (that performance of her singing in the nobel peace price concert.... it's breathtaking....).

Didn't @bestmen accuse you of being a Tunisian once or twice? :lol: I think I can remember it.

#banbestmen