website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2021

Last five :ITA >>>>>>>>>> OPEN contest / TOISC results:

2021  > 22nd

2020 > 22nd

2019 > 19th

2018 > 22nd

2017 > 28th

Maybe don't like the "old" ('80-'90) Italian songs......... I'm a little bit surprised of the statistics.

However Italy begun with a 3rd place in the 2012 Eurovision- All Time Contest (the edition "zero "of these contest)  ........Modugno-Nel blu dipinto di blu (1958)

PS: for many users that don't remember or weren't here at time >> the winner was ABBA :SWE

43 minutes ago, Belle said:

If the Czech song is so good then why not more famous? 

Fame =/= Victory, I suppose.

When I (or Matt) pick entries for the Open contest, we tend to go with songs by popular artists (which are not necessary the most popular but is well known enough to compete), like this edition, I wanted to send Vanessa Carlton, but I didn't want to send her most popular song "A Thousand Miles" so I chose her other song "Ordinary Day" instead. I mean, Ordinary Day isn't as great as A Thousand Miles, but to me, it's good enough to compete in this often competitive contest.

7 minutes ago, dezbee2008 said:

Fame =/= Victory, I suppose.

When I (or Matt) pick entries for the Open contest, we tend to go with songs by popular artists (which are not necessary the most popular but is well known enough to compete), like this edition, I wanted to send Vanessa Carlton, but I didn't want to send her most popular song "A Thousand Miles" so I chose her other song "Ordinary Day" instead. I mean, Ordinary Day isn't as great as A Thousand Miles, but to me, it's good enough to compete in this often competitive contest.

Pretty Baby is my second favourite song of hers.

1 hour ago, Wumo said:

Final Leaderboad after 37/37 juries:

1. Czech Republic

2. New Zealand 182
3. Sweden 177
4. Denmark 156
5. France 133
6. Spain 130
7. Ukraine 114
8. Ireland 104
9. China 99
10. Serbia 87
11. Lithuania 85
12. United States 84
13. Hungary 83
14. Canada 82
15. Mexico 81
16. Poland 78
17. Croatia 77
18. Argentina 75
19. Brazil 73
20. Great Britain 73
21. Germany 69
22. Italy 68
23. Indonesia 67
24. Vietnam 60
25. Romania 58
26. Portugal 56
27. Moldova 54
28. Slovakia 54
29. Greece 48
30. Kazakhstan 46
31. Netherlands 44
32. Malta 28
33. India 26
34. Slovenia 17
35. Israel 9
36. Colombia 6
37. Bulgaria 5

So I gave points to :BUL:COL:ISR and my 12 to :NED. Does this certify me as the leader of the anti-committee now?

I’ll post a personal breakdown of my votes in a bit. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Choosing famous songs doesn't guarantee you anything, because 1) People can still not like the song (artist), and 2) The song itself can still be garbage. Especially famous modern songs, which are 90% garbage. Plus, with the variety of people we have here it is inevitable that the tastes in music will be more different. I'm sure, even if we have Bohemian Rhapsody and Stairway to Heaven in the contest, which are top 5 greatest songs of all time, we will still find people who would not like them. 

Secondly, it's good to see that my 1 and 2, happened to be the final 1 and 2 in the contest and it the exact placing. :champion:  At least i got this part right. :d

Also, I’d like to extend my thanks to @Dnl for hosting this contest, even with all the difficulties. I was happy to see everyone cheering for their songs, posting jokes, and having a good time once more.

Also, congrats to @Hipooo on the win. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela