website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2021

I wanted the contest to resume just for the sake of Czech Republic tbh. 

India meanwhile got 3 points the entire day from 3 juries. Was expecting at least 20 more. Nonetheless I clearly understand that no one here likes hindi songs , like not even a bit. 

10 minutes ago, Henry_Leon said:

Unfortunately Italy don't voted for the winner (first time), but one members  @SteveParker put 12 pts at :CZE  song

The tie-breaker (and other members...) killed the streak :facepalm:

At 12 pts total (1 for :ITA ) we have Vietnam (4 votes), Kazakhstan  (2 votes) and as I said Czech (with 1 vote)

The end of an era.

the godfather sigh GIF by Maudit

#banbestmen

First of all, I say congratulations to our host @Dnl for making it happen! Israel did not score many points (only 9, how dare you people??). That must have been heartbreaking for our host. Right now I am so glad I contributed to this total with my 3 points. Nice song, I like the ending note the most. :hug:

And just to showcase my definitely non-mainstream taste, this is how my favorites fared.

Earlier on I outlined my personal top 4 as songs that I found exceptional compared to the rest.

12 - :SVK - 28th place

11 - :GBR - 19th place

10 - :ITA - 22nd place

9 - :ARG - 18th place

I never saw Argentina being the highest ranked of these four. :yikes:

As for :CRO Croatia, we get a top half finish for the first time since the pandemic started. Top half finishes are not easy to come by. Therefore I am pleased for Vatra and their hit Tango.

But once again I feel we got stuck in our drawer. 17th place? We already posted that rank once before. 77 points? We already achieved that score twice before (both times with Zsa Zsa lol). There was also an edition where we scored 78 points. And another one with 81 points.

So I can only 'quote' Marilyn Monroe "I'm through with TISC, I'll never vote again"... ;)

#banbestmen

:ITA votes :

Steve Parker

• 12 pts  :CZE
  • 11   :CAN
  • 10   :SWE
  •  9   :GBR
  •  8   :MEX
  •  7   :GRE
  •  6   :CIV
  •  5    :CHN
  •  4    :VIE
  •  3    :KAZ
  •  2     :POR
  •   1   :ARG 

Pablita

• 12 pts :SWE
  • 11 :POL
  • 10 :CHN 
  • 9   :KAZ
  • :ESP
  • :SRB
  • :CRO
  • :VIE
  • 4 :LTU
  • 3 :MDA
  • 2 :BRA
  • 1 :BUL

• 12 pts :BRA
  • 11  :IRL
  • 10  :NED
  • :MEX
  • :SWE
  • :CHN
  • :SRB
  • :SVK
  • :DEN
  • :CAN
  • :POL
  •   :VIE

Henry_Leon

12 Great Britain
11 Spain 
10 Sweden
9 Indonesia
8 Slovakia
7 Serbia
6 Denmark
5 New Zealand
4 Lituania
3 USA
2 Vietnam

Mexico

Congratulations @Hipooo! I'm very happy for you and I'm looking forward to see what you prepare for the next year.

As I said when I was giving the points, big thanks to @Dnlfor hosting this edition.

Personally, after 2 very bad editions, I am very happy to tie my personal record again with this 6th place, but this time beating my previous point record (118 from my 1st participation in Open 2019), which is even better.

Big thanks to all the juries from 19 countries who have given points to "La Oreja de Van Gogh":

:POR @kungshamra71(2nd time in 5 editions that I got a gold medal. I'm glad that the song brought you memories! I liked the Portuguese song too and in fact i added it to my main playlist :clap:)

:CZE @Hipooo :GER @catgamer

:COL @Damian(I think that your song deserved better. I regret not giving it a few points) :SWE @Belle :ROU @IoNuTzZ :MDA @Ionoutz24

:SRB @NikolaB(Serbia is the only country giving Spain at least 1 point for the last 5 editions, so thanks for that :yes) :INA @Griff88 :ITA @Gianlu33@Henry_Leon @Pablita @SteveParker (I don't know who voted for my song this time, but thank you all. I'm really glad you picked Franco Battiato this year, he was relatively popular in Spain and I felt sorry when I heard he died).

:SVK @hckošice :VIE @dophuquy

:CHN @Vic Liu :BUL @Federer91

:FRA @Benolympique @Bohemia @EupenM :BRA @Laraja @LuizGuilherme@titicow (I don't know who voted for my song this time, but thank you all)

:MLT @Glen :NED @heywoodu :CAN @intoronto

It was also the first time (at leats since I'm participating) that Canada, Czech Republic, Sweden, Colombia, Vietnam and Romania gave points to Spain. This means that Greece, Hungary and the US are the only countries who have never awarded us a single point.

11 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I wanted the contest to resume just for the sake of Czech Republic tbh. 

India meanwhile got 3 points the entire day from 3 juries. Was expecting at least 20 more. Nonetheless I clearly understand that no one here likes hindi songs , like not even a bit. 

In my case i dont like too much indi songs, in this case the voice of the singer sound "annoying" and some friends of mine here say the same,thanks for that increible gold!