website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2021

:DEN Denmark :DEN

The Danish Jury has after a long and thorough selection process chosen the folk band, The Rumour Said Fire, with the song "The Balcony".

The Rumour Said Fire is a Danish band that was founded back in 2008 by singer, songwriter and guitarist Jesper Lidang. "The Balcony" was the breakthrough song for the band back in 2009. The same year the group won the P3 Guld prize in the category, "The P3 Talent of 2009" in Denmark. 

I hope you will all enjoy this year's Danish entry for TOISC 2021.

The Rumour Said Fire - "The Balcony"

Lyrics:

Spoiler

So your mouth tastes like sunshine
Baby but your eyes
Are all cool
Buried in my arms
And the breeze takes us deeper and further into
The heart of the moment that is gone

And the scent of your heartache
Baby and the taste
Of your blood
Run within me
And there are red flowers in your spit
When you enter my mouth
Under the bed
Down on the floor

So take me under the floorboards
I would love to feel like wood
And take me back to the retards
Cause this world just make me sick
There are colours in the air
When I fall to the ground
How we'd love to fall more often

There's a band in our cellar
Baby and they're playing a song
Of the drunks in the street
And I can hear when they're playing their lovesong
Cause the kids
In the yards
Stop playing with their toys

So take me under the schoolyard
There are kids there who got lost
Their mouths all shouting asphalt
And the bodies torn apart
There are colours in the air
When I fall to the ground
I can sense a world of heartache
But I love the sound
Of your hair when it falls down
From the pillow late at night
On the brink of illusion
It's the devil in my eyes
Waiting for the moment to kill me inside
How we'd love to die more often

So take my hands love
There's a burst inside our minds
Oh feel my hands love
Cause I'm numb from the neck down
And there is fire love
On the balcony right here
And I can see our bodies burning but sense no fear

And your mouth tastes like sunshine
Baby but your eyes
Are all cool
Buried in my arms
And everything matters
For seconds we fall
To the floor

Hey fellas!

This is the song representing Colombia! "La Rebelión" is a salsa song written and performed by the Colombian singer Joe Arroyo. The song tells the story of a married African couple, slaves of a Spaniard, in Cartagena in the 17th century. 

Just some updates on the registration so far:

33 nations entered

17 songs chosen

43 jury members

Just a quick reminder to the following registered members that the song entry deadline is just 4 days away:

@konig@LDOG@LuizGuilherme@Federer91@intoronto@dcro@Benolympique@Bohemia@EupenM@maestro@Ted@Yannakis@Ruslan@Fly_like_a_don@Dnl@Glen@mrv86@heywoodu@Wanderer@justony@dezbee2008@Olympian1010

And another call out to the following users, there's still time to register and participate, the more nations and jury members the better :)

@KingOfTheRhinos@stefanbg@Laraja@titicow@vinipereira@Pabloffo@Finnator123@catgamer@Dragon@Makedonas@MHSN@Braulio@Ionoutz24@Skijumpingmaster@vovanA@DaniSRB@amen09@tuniscof@Illya@NaBUru38@Herki@Hipooo@Quasit@thepharoah@uk12points@Swewi@Jur@Monzanator@Dolby@Function CR Lee

Just a reminder to all 2-member juries that if you wish to opt-in to the new rule regarding the combined voting process (see below). To opt-in you must firstly both agree that you wish to use the new rule and if so you must post on the TISC thread prior to the opening of the voting window to inform your choice. If you don't want to opt-in and use the standard process then you don't have to do anything.  Thinking particularly of @Olympian1010 and @dezbee2008 who were interested in trialing this process :d.

Rule 3 (d) (iv)

National juries consisting of 2 members will be allowed the right to opt-in to an alternative voting process which guarantees that any song which received votes from both jury members will appear in the final top 12 combined list of that nation's final voting table. This will be achieved by removing the lowest ranked nation(s) in the combined top 12 which received points from just 1 jury member. The removed nation(s) will then become the highest ranking reserves. This opt-in method is available to national juries consisting of 2 members only. Any jury wishing to adopt this method shall inform the organisers of their decision to opt-in to the process by posting their intention to do so on the TISC thread prior to the opening of the voting window. The standard method of combining votes will still be the default method so if a 2-member national jury does not inform otherwise on thread, or if both jury members are in disagreement about which method to adopt, then the standard method will automatically be used to combine their votes.

27 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Just some updates on the registration so far:

33 nations entered

17 songs chosen

43 jury members

Just a quick reminder to the following registered members that the song entry deadline is just 4 days away:

@konig@LDOG@LuizGuilherme@Federer91@intoronto@dcro@Benolympique@Bohemia@EupenM@maestro@Ted@Yannakis@Ruslan@Fly_like_a_don@Dnl@Glen@mrv86@heywoodu@Wanderer@justony@dezbee2008@Olympian1010

And another call out to the following users, there's still time to register and participate, the more nations and jury members the better :)

@KingOfTheRhinos@stefanbg@Laraja@titicow@vinipereira@Pabloffo@Finnator123@catgamer@Dragon@Makedonas@MHSN@Braulio@Ionoutz24@Skijumpingmaster@vovanA@DaniSRB@amen09@tuniscof@Illya@NaBUru38@Herki@Hipooo@Quasit

Just a reminder to all 2-member juries that if you wish to opt-in to the new rule regarding the combined voting process (see below). To opt-in you must firstly both agree that you wish to use the new rule and if so you must post on the TISC thread prior to the opening of the voting window to inform your choice. If you don't want to opt-in and use the standard process then you don't have to do anything.  Thinking particularly of @Olympian1010 and @dezbee2008 who were interested in trialing this process :d.

Rule 3 (d) (iv)

We're Greek. Last-minute preparations are our forte/thing. Don't worry, guys. We're getting there.😂