website statistics

Figure Skating ISU Challenger Series 2021 - 2022 (Nebelhorn Trophy)

Totallympics

By my quick calculation exactly ten teams are currently eligible for the team event, assuming the results from the short program / rhythm dance hold:

:ROC

:USA

:CAN

:JPN

:CHN

:ITA

:GER

:CZE

:GEO

:UKR

In this scenario there are enough additional quotas (5) to ensure every team can have a competitor in every discipline - Germany would get an extra man, Italy an extra woman and Ukraine an extra pair.

:KOR and :BLR are both one position away (in dance and pairs, respectively) from gaining eligibility, but given there are only five extra quotas this time around (down from 10 in 2018) that could cause a team to compete in only three disciplines.

:FRA is basically guaranteed to fail to qualify for the team event.

5 minutes ago, NearPup said:

:KOR and :BLR are both one position away (in dance and pairs, respectively) from gaining eligibility, but given there are only five extra quotas this time around (down from 10 in 2018) that could cause a team to compete in only three disciplines.

One can assume Lithuanian withdrawal at this point so KOR could get in.

#banbestmen

33 minutes ago, dcro said:

I hadn’t considered that.

:KOR is solidly ranked in the top 10 by points so as long as they qualify in ice dance they are almost guaranteed a spot in the team event.

Olympic qualification situation in ice dance after the rhythm dance: :FIN:CZE:ARM:GEO / :KOR:ISR:HUN:AUS:ITA:GBR:NZL:TUR

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, dcro said:

I also wouldn’t rule out 8th and 7th place in the men’s and women’s singles eventually getting reallocated a quota. Unless the policy changed, Sweden requires their skaters to get a very high score (I believe it’s around one that puts them top 8 at the last world championships)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I also wouldn’t rule out 8th and 7th place in the men’s and women’s singles eventually getting reallocated a quota. Unless the policy changed, Sweden requires their skaters to get a very high score (I believe it’s around one that puts them top 8 at the last world championships)

This is waived in case of debut Olympics. They will send a rookie.

#banbestmen

:KOR and :CAN both grab a second men’s single quota, with the last group pending. If :AZE:ROC:AUS:FRA or :USA slip up :TUR:ARM:GBR are in line for a quota in that order.

The Turkish skaters finished almost tied, with the skater who is eligible to won a quota 0.06 points behind the skater who is trying to win a quota.