website statistics

Road Cycling UCI World Championships 2021

Totallympics

Looks like Edgaras Zekas and Jomantas Venckus might have overslept....both DNS, but here they are.

06dbcd28-1d06-11ec-b07d-02b7b76bf47f.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

What a show by Hagenes, by far the strongest when it mattered. Let's see, in a few years, if this is the one who can make the next step :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

During UCI Congress, Australian officials confirm the elite men's and women's time trials will be contested on the same course and same distance and on the same day; the opening day of the 2022 road worlds.

About time, but too bad it's only 37km..

Mixed feelings about Baroncini winning:

Cool to see an Italian win by actually winning this time, after the 2019 debacle :cheer: 

Sad to see he stayed ahead of the group, because Eritrea's Biniam Girmay pulled yet another fantastic sprint out of his legs and took silver :hyper: 

I mean, that is definitely awesome and no doubt historic, but it'd have been even more awesome and historic if Baronicini wasn't ahead of them :raspberry:

Obviously it's not at all like Girmay is a huge surprise or anything, he has shown for quite a while already that he is a seriously talented rider worthy of riding in the World Tour, but it's still really cool to see Eritrea get a medal.

And just to clarify: Baroncini absolutely deserved the win, that was perfect timing!

A flurry of news out of the Congress being held at the World Championships today: https://www.infobae.com/aroundtherings/press-releases/2021/09/24/190th-congress-of-the-uci-david-lappartient-re-elected-to-the-head-of-the-uci-2025-uci-road-world-championships-to-take-place-in-kigali/

David Lappartient remains UCI President, Kigali confirmed as host of 2025 Road World Championships, :SSD:SOL:GEQ:VAT added as member federations. I’m still checking around, but I believe this is the first time the Vatican has held full membership in a IF.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

38 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

A flurry of news out of the Congress being held at the World Championships today: https://www.infobae.com/aroundtherings/press-releases/2021/09/24/190th-congress-of-the-uci-david-lappartient-re-elected-to-the-head-of-the-uci-2025-uci-road-world-championships-to-take-place-in-kigali/

David Lappartient remains UCI President, Kigali confirmed as host of 2025 Road World Championships, :SSD:SOL:GEQ:VAT added as member federations. I’m still checking around, but I believe this is the first time the Vatican has held full membership in a IF.

Yeah, I’m :VAT as one of those teams that goes all-out in the first 5km of the World Champs, gives up at the first railway bridge.