website statistics

Totallympics Media

12 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m seriously looking into doing trivia now. So, I would like to know the following:

A) Just post quizzes to the website, they can be taken whenever, and scores are more for personal satisfaction more than anything

B) Live Trivia following to the Lausanne 2020 model, with a general ranking of scores.

C) You have a different idea that you want me to try.

I know I already kind of polled everyone on this, but I want to make sure we chose the right format so people actual play along. 

A Would be a better option

The reason is  as same as @heywoodu said all people live at a particular moment is not possible.

Alright, that’s 3 hours or my life I’ll never get back. After a lot more work than you would think is necessary (and 2 system crashes), I present my masterpiece :phttps://games24.totallympics.com/?p=1677

Any/all feedback on format, questions, answers, etc. would/will be appreciated. This is my first attempt at a quiz on this matter, so hopefully it’s done in a manner people like. I’m aiming for us to publish at least one trivia post a week.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Alright, that’s 3 hours or my life I’ll never get back. After a lot more work than you would think is necessary (and 2 system crashes), I present my masterpiece :phttps://games24.totallympics.com/?p=1677

Any/all feedback on format, questions, answers, etc. would/will be appreciated. This is my first attempt at a quiz on this matter, so hopefully it’s done in a manner people like. I’m aiming for us to publish at least one trivia post a week.

Hurray I got 3 answers right. I thought I would only get one.

One suggestion from my side will be will be a short info on the answers. For example- For the last question you can mention the four names in the results so people unaware could learn from it.

All considered good effort to balance summer and winter games.

26 minutes ago, Shravan Kumar said:

One suggestion from my side will be will be a short info on the answers. For example- For the last question you can mention the four names in the results so people unaware could learn from it.

Oh, are the explanations not showing up? They’re supposed to be there :mumble:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

38 minutes ago, Shravan Kumar said:

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Oh, are the explanations not showing up? They’re supposed to be there :mumble:

Sorry about that @Shravan Kumar :facepalm:. I’m still learning the new plugin. It was a simple coding error. It’s fixed now, so if you take the quiz again, you can the see the explanations :yes

8/10 missed the poem (sorry, but such a stupid question, how peoples are supposed to know that :lol: ) and the pacific games core sport.

also the rock band song was a pure random try and... ho-ho-ho lucky, lucky :p

Overall, good idea. go ahead dude ! just a small thing fro me personally, maybe you should put more...well, you know - actually sports questions... :p

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

missed the poem (sorry, but such a stupid question, how peoples are supposed to know that :lol: )

You’re asking a man who’s written a paper, modern response, and full breakdown of that poem that question :p

It quickly became my favorite poem after its appearance in the ceremony. The genius of it is mind blowing.

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Overall, good idea. go ahead dude ! just a small thing fro me personally, maybe you should put more...well, you know - actually sports questions... :p

What do you mean by “actual sports questions”?

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

You’re asking a man who’s written a paper, modern response, and full breakdown of that poem that question :p

It quickly became my favorite poem after its appearance in the ceremony. The genius of it is mind blowing.

What do you mean by “actual sports questions”?

less poem questions --- more sports related questions :lol:

4jU1w2O.png

The first one isn't exactly a 'mishap' as much as a tragedy, the last one would not be a mishap neither since who cares :p Semantics, I know, but since the question suggests all answers are mishaps I thought I'd mention it :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 correct answers :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!