website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

2021 World Men's Curling Championship - Wikipedia

Final Standing available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg :wBRA: juliosilva
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg  :wDEN: Agger 
ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b - Copy (2).jpg :wPOL: Vojthas 

After some days with the uncertainty if this world championship could be completed, yesterday the last games of the championship were completed with Sweden and skip Edin as the champions. Unfortunately due to the adjusted time schedule, the semifinals and the medal matches couldn't be counted in the prediction contest and it had to end prematurely. After counting the points from the Top 3 predictions, the three medallists of this prediction contest are, @juliosilva, @Agger, @Vojthas. Big congratulation to all three medallists.

With a superior point differential of 13 points to the nearest predictor, @juliosilva secured the gold medal. He was in top of the table through many days and had very solid predictions throughout the contest. This is his first gold of 2021 and his third medal in total already this season. He becomes the first with a complete medal set in 2021 and cement his position as one of the top predictors this year. A huge congratulation with the gold medal. Well-deserved! :champion:

In second place and securing the silver medal was @Agger. Being around the top 3 through contest, and with solid points from the Top 3 predictions, he secured himself the second highest spot on the podium. This is his second medal of 2021 and the first of silver. Big congratualtion with a deserved 2nd place and silver medal! :thumbup:

Last predictor on the podium is one who probably came in with big ambition of winning a medal and that is of course none other than @Vojthas. The keen curling enthusiast and curler himself, wasn't in a position of a medal before the counting of the Top 3 predictons, but with a great score of 15 points, he jumped from a place outside the podium to a 3rd place in the final standing and securing the bronze medal. This is his first medal of 2021 and one I assume he really appreciate to have secured. Big congrats with the bronze medal! :cheer:

The three honourable mentions for this contest will be, @Monzanator, @hckošice and @Henry_Leon.  @Monzanator was by the end of the contest firmly in the race for a podium spot and even with a solid 12 points from his Top 3 predictions he just narrowly missed out on winning his second medal this year. Still a very great contest from the always solid Polish predictor. In 5th place came @hckošice. He was long in a position for a medal, but with only collecting 2 points from the Top 3 predictions he unfortunately fell out of the contest for a medal. However, from his reaction earlier in this contest, a 5th place overall seems to be a satisfying result for him. His eyes are now set for the upcoming prediction contests which probably are the most important ones for him personally with the women's and men's ice hockey world championships prediction contests. Will he finally be able to win a gold medal in an ice hockey prediction contest? Only time will tell. Last honourable mention goes to @Henry_Leon who once again had a solid contest and got a 6th place in the final standing. He continues his good 2021 prediction form.

Lastly, thank you to all who participated in this prediction contest, and once again, I'm sorry it had to end prematurely. Sometimes things out of our control happens unfortunately. As teased above the next two prediction contests will be the women's and men's ice hockey world championships. The women's will kick-off in the beginning of May and the men's will begin later in May. I hope to see many predictors giving it shot for glory in these contests. Finally, an updated version of the General Standings and the Medal Tables will be published later this week.

That's all from me, your prediction contest manager, Wumo. :) 

As you may have noticed, I've been out of forum for a few days (39 notifications when I came here today!), so had not seen the news by now. Yes, indeed, I was aiming for the medal here in a special way and I'm really happy to get one, especially in such strange, may say, surrealistic times.

Thanks for all for the play, especially to Prediction Contests Head @Wumo and, naturally, big congrats to @juliosilva and @Agger .

• 4 weeks later...

7 hours ago, Henry_Leon said:

@Wumo  in the PREDICTION CONTEST DESIGN

1. missing the day, in deadline>  (May 21st)
  2. missing the TOP 3 prediction design

:coffee:

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for noticing this. Both have been fixed now. :)