website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, George_D said:

editing prediction isnt only for stages??

That's why I was against allowing any kind of edits. This just causes all the confusion. Before it was one deadline and everything was simple.

You don't fix something that's not broken and the Prediction Contests were NOT broken by any means :dunno:

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

That's why I was against allowing any kind of edits. This just causes all the confusion. Before it was one deadline and everything was simple.

You don't fix something that's not broken and the Prediction Contests were NOT broken by any means :dunno:

Disability of reading with understaning is what makes simple things complicated, but it doesn't mean these things cannot be done better, than they were supposed to be done.

https://totallympics.com/uploads/monthly_2020_08/2020Contest7.png.94148ef7f16a022bb9fb28176c84b27e.png

Final Standing available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg :wDEN: Agger
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg :wSVK: hckosice
ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b - Copy (2).jpg :wBUL: Federer91

An exciting Tour de France has come to its conclusion and the different winning riders could celebrate their achievements. Let's see which ofTotallympics' predictors will get their shine on the podium

Danish Cycling had success during this year's Tour de France, and the same success they had in this prediction contest as @Agger took the gold medal. He has been one of the top predictors through this contest, and with some great classification predictions, his victory was a convincing one with a solid margin to his fellow predictors. It's his second medal in the last three prediction contests and the first of gold this year. Congratulation @Agger with the victory and the gold medal! :champion::bowdown:

As his fellow countryman Sagan did in the race for the Maillot Vert , @hckosice ended 2nd in this prediction contest. Some good days with some solid predictions layed the foundations for a successful contest. It's his second silver medal this year. Maybe he will be able to step up one spot higher on the podium in one of the upcoming prediction contest? But as for now, he can celebrate a well-deserved silver medal. Congrats @hckosice with a great 2nd place and silver medal! :hatoff:

Last predictor on the podium is @Federer91. It didn't seem to end with a medal for the Bulgarian predictor. However, some great classification predictions skyrocketed him from a middle position to a podium place on the last day. First medal of the 2020 season for @Federer91. Big congrats with the bronze medal :thumbup:

Another a good contest from the Romanian predictor duo, @africaboy and @ady48 with a 4th and a 5th place. @africaboy was in place for a podium spot before the last day. Though with some lesser success in the classification predictions, it sent him to the unfortunate place of 4th overall. @ady48 had better luck with the classification predictions and also some good predictions throughout the contest were enough to give him a 5th place. Also @Ufilov saw great success on the last day, and with that, he secured himself an excellent 6th place in the final standing.

Lastly, big thank you to all the users who took part in this prediction contest. This week Rolland Garros will begin and next week Giro d'Italia is set to begin. I will open the Roland Garros prediction contest very soon. The prediction contest for Giro d'Italia 2020 will open this weekend or in the start of the next week.  I hope many of you will participate. 

That's all from me, your prediction contest manager, Wumo. :) 

Tour De France Fans GIF by franceinfo

Congratulations at :champion:Agger :DEN  and the other medallists:clap: hckosice :SVK & Federer91 :BUL 

Very good job @Wumo for the Tour contest:hatoff:

PS: congratulations also at the medallists  of US Open Tennis: the winner:champion:  Dunadan :ITA  and :ROU  africaboy & ady48

I have opened the thread for the Roland Garros 2020 Prediction Contest.

I will post the complete brackets for the Rounds of 128 to Rounds of 32 when the last results of the qualification tournaments have been completed tomorrow.

One change from the US Open Prediction Contest is that the Rounds of 16 to Finals will be posted in the usual prediction format/design. Prediction designs for each round will be posted when the last round has been completed.

https://totallympics.com/uploads/monthly_2020_09/2020Contest9.png.8b1b6879d006be6889a0550d347fb5e1.png

Prediction Contests Are Just-For-Fun Games

You don't need to be an expert to take part in a Prediction Contest. 

If a mistake penalizes you, always keep in mind that everyone is in good faith.

3 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

@Wumo For RG are we allowed to edit/post our predictions before each round? Like after round 1 is finished, we can correct round 2 and so fort?

No. You post your predictions for the first 3 rounds before the first matches begin on Sunday. From 4th round and onwards, I'm going to post prediction designs for each round.