website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

18 minutes ago, Wumo said:

I did not see that ITG had reported on that. I wasn't sure that ITTF had already planned to postponed it again?

To be honest, I have not been following sports news that closely in May and June. I'm starting with it again as more sports begin to start again after the pandemic break. 

You haven’t missed much :p

I didn’t mean to rude by the way. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...

I have been considering to make a UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League prediction contest for August. 

I know it's unusual to have a club competition prediction contest, but this sports year have been quite unusual. 

My initial plan is to have a quite regular football prediction contest. Predict the winner and goal difference in each match. Keep the same point system. However, I do consider to add some additional predictions as it's not a full or "normal" prediction contest.  Users/predictors will predict top goalscorers and top assists for each tournament. That is 4 additional predictions. Users pick two players for each of these prediction questions. Users rank/prioritise the two in each prediction. If the 1st prioritised player top the goalscoring list or equal with one or more players, the predictor will score 7.5 points. If the 2nd prioritised player top the goalscoring list or equal with one or more players, the predictor will score 5 points. These additional predictions will be made before the start of the first match of the prediction contest, August 5th.

Notice! Lewandowski and Haaland are both way in front on the top goalscorer list in UCL. Therefore I will exclude them from the top goalscorer prediction question in UCL. Users will be asked to predict which player will score most goals in UCL beside/excluding Lewandowski and Haaland.  In UEL, Galeno will also be excluded as a choice from the top assists list. 

I would appreciate to hear from you if this could be interesting?

Totallympics' Prediction Contest Manager 

Wumo

@toulousain, @dcro, @Monzanator, @Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo, @Henry_Leon, @Dolby, @ritesh, @africaboy, @Vojthas, @George_D, @Agger, @Pablita, @ady48, @heywoodu, @SteveParker, @Speedy, @hckosice, @JOSE SEIJO, @Federer91, @PakoNatxo, @vinipereira, @Gianlu33, @Ufilov, @NikolaB, @tuniscof, @vlad, @szy123

@Dunadan, @Herberth10, @mihamiha, @MCMXC, @IoNuTzZ, @Wanderer, @Dnl, @SalamAkhi, @Michal Hroch, @anuj, @brunamoura, @rybak, @Benolympique, @Laraja, @sami-eg, @CCB, @justony, @LDOG, @Chatan, @andreas1990, @Kirkpatrick, @EselTheDonkey, @Topicmaster1010, @monte88, @Illya

Definitely. For me it actually sounds more interesting than the basic X wins by Y-Z score :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...