website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Wumo said:

A few clarifications:

125- maybe you missed a word, a repeat of 2018 WCh final? Or podium?

98- seems counterintuitive with the negative- imo better without the "not".

61 - probably also better without the negative, "Mongolia will score 10 or less points in all of their matches" if that's what you meant.

About bet contest...

55- has spelling mistake.

100- Means they will have 2 in men's top 6 and 2 in women's top 6, right?

107- Can you clarify this a bit? 

119- it means the first medal in this sport, not necessarily the first medal overall for the country, right?

125 - "repeat of the podium" is the 3 teams in literally the same order?

Also, I know we were a bit lazy with the suggestions this time... not a complaint though.

10 - Philippines or Malaysia will win their first olympic gold medal. [YES/NO - X]

15 - Malaysia will win a gold medal. [YES/NO - X]

:lol:

6 hours ago, Wumo said:

Some clarifications for bet contest.

4- In team sports, we include only football, basketball, volleyball, etc? Or we include team events of other sports as well?

54- I suppose, it means combined score of the gold medalists in decathlon and heptathlon.

100- Two athletes in top6 combined in men's and women's competition? Because if you mean two men and two women, all four in top6, then 'at least' isn't needed.

119- You mean that a nation will win its first olympic medal of any sport in taekwondo? Or that it will be the first medal in that sport only?

125- With the word repeat, we mean just the same countries in any podium place or the same countries in the same podium place?

For the other contests, if I want to choose the 'any other athlete' option, do I have to specify who this other athlete will be?

6 hours ago, George_D said:

@Wumo in miscallenous contest we put 2 bronze medalists in boxing, judo, karate, tkd and wrestling?

Yes, you are allowed to pick two bronze medallists in the events for these sports. I have made a clarification of the rules for these sports/events in the rule section in the first post of the contest thread.

Also to everybody. If you notice an athlete that is in the prediction contests but that is not in the official entry list, has been replaced by another athlete from the NOC, then you can write it here in the discussion thread and I will fix it. :HAI Lauren Lee has replaced :HAI Aliyah Shipman in Women's -67kg event in Taekwondo.

14 hours ago, LDOG said:

About bet contest...

55- has spelling mistake.

100- Means they will have 2 in men's top 6 and 2 in women's top 6, right?

107- Can you clarify this a bit? 

119- it means the first medal in this sport, not necessarily the first medal overall for the country, right?

125 - "repeat of the podium" is the 3 teams in literally the same order?

Also, I know we were a bit lazy with the suggestions this time... not a complaint though.

10 - Philippines or Malaysia will win their first olympic gold medal. [YES/NO - X]

15 - Malaysia will win a gold medal. [YES/NO - X]

:lol:

55 - Been fixed

100 - Yes and no. One male athlete and one female athlete in top 6 in each of their event will also count.

The question has now been phrased like this:

100 - Egypt will have at least two athletes in the top 6 in the two events combined. (Two athletes in the top 6 in either men's or women's event or one female and one male athlete that will get a top 6 place each). [YES/NO - X]

107 - With this question I'm asking, :FRA Thomas Goyard and Charline Picon will with their results be better ranked combined or equally ranked combined than :GBR Tom Squires and :GBR Emma Wilson. Example: Goyard places 4th and Picon places 5th. Combined total 9. Squires places 6th and Wilson 4th. Combined total 10. The the correct answer to the question would in this case be yes. If they both had a combined total of 9, the answer to this question would also be yes.

107 - The two French windsurfers, Goyard and Picon, will have a combined total place that is better or equal-placed than/with Great Britain's two windsurfers, Squires and Wilson. [YES/NO - X]

119 - That is correct

125 - I can see I should have specified that more. I have reprased the question:

125 - Women's tournament - It will be a repeat of the 2018 World Championship podium (Doesn't have to be in the same order). [YES/NO - X]

Yeah 10 and 15 are lazy. :lol:

14 hours ago, maestro said:

Some clarifications for bet contest.

4- In team sports, we include only football, basketball, volleyball, etc? Or we include team events of other sports as well?

54- I suppose, it means combined score of the gold medalists in decathlon and heptathlon.

100- Two athletes in top6 combined in men's and women's competition? Because if you mean two men and two women, all four in top6, then 'at least' isn't needed.

119- You mean that a nation will win its first olympic medal of any sport in taekwondo? Or that it will be the first medal in that sport only?

125- With the word repeat, we mean just the same countries in any podium place or the same countries in the same podium place?

For the other contests, if I want to choose the 'any other athlete' option, do I have to specify who this other athlete will be?

4 - Only team sports. Baseball/Softball, Basketball, Basketball 3x3, Field Hockey, Football, Handball, Rugby Sevens, Volleyball Indoor.

54 - That is correct

100 - The question has now been phrased like this:

100 - Egypt will have at least two athletes in the top 6 in the two events combined. (Two athletes in the top 6 in either men's or women's event or one female and one male athlete that will get a top 6 place each). [YES/NO - X]

119 - In that sport, Taekwondo, only.

125 - I have reprased the question:

125 - Women's tournament - It will be a repeat of the 2018 World Championship podium (Doesn't have to be in the same order). [YES/NO - X]

"For the other contests, if I want to choose the 'any other athlete' option, do I have to specify who this other athlete will be?"

- No, you don't to specify the athlete.

Also before I get many questions about the point/bet format of the bet contest, I will try to specify it here:

There are 130 questions. Each contestant has 13x10, 13x9, 13x8, 13x7, 13x6, 13x5, 13x4, 13x3, 13x2 and 13x1. This means that each contestant can place a bet of the x-value 13 times. Example: Contestant A can/must place a bet with the value of 10 points on thirteen different questions. When contestant A has placed his/her 13 bets on 13 different questions with the value of 10 points , the contestant can't place any more bets with the value of 10 points. By the end, contestants should have used all of their point value bets on the 130 questions in total.