website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

Provisional Standing of Men's Curling WCF World Championship 2021 Prediction Contest after Day 7 is available here

Notice to all contestants. The Qualification Games will not be part of the contest. After the last round of Round Robin today, the next round that will count will be the Semifinals. As the Qualification Games will be constested over both Friday and Saturday, the prediction design for the Semifinals will be ready Saturday morning CEST (Central Europen Summer Time). The first Semifinal match-up will be known by that time. The second one will be one known team and then the winner of the second Qualification Game. When you make your predictions, you can either delete the loser of the second Qualification Game when the result of this match is known and then make your predictions, or you can make your predictions before the winner of the second Qualification Game is known and then you don't have to delete one of the two teams from that game. Both options are valid and will be counted.

@juliosilva, @hckošice, @Agger, @Monzanator, @toulousain, @Hipooo, @Henry_Leon, @George_D, @Gianlu33, @Vojthas, @PakoNatxo, @Pablita, @africaboy, @ady48, @Herberth10, @Federer91, @varnoldr, @SteveParker, @tuniscof, @Speedy@vlad, @Ufilov

Prediction Design for Semifinals Men's Curling WCF World Championship 2021 Prediction Contest is now available here

Deadline is April 10, TBA (GMT -6)

Notice to all contestants: https://worldcurling.org/2021/04/covid/

"During the rigorous exit testing procedures put in place for the World Men’s Curling Championship 2021, positive COVID-19 cases have been identified. The World Curling Federation, Curling Canada and Alberta Health are now following the COVID-19 response plan for the championship.

The World Curling Federation’s priority is to ensure the health and safety of all participants of the World Men’s Curling Championship 2021. As a result, the 09:00 MDT play-off game between United States and Switzerland will not be played at the scheduled time. 

All playoff teams will undergo testing on Saturday morning, and until the results are clear and it’s known that the players are safe, no further games will be played."

@juliosilva, @hckošice, @Agger, @Monzanator, @toulousain, @Hipooo, @Henry_Leon, @George_D, @Gianlu33, @Vojthas, @PakoNatxo, @Pablita, @africaboy, @ady48, @Herberth10, @Federer91, @varnoldr, @SteveParker, @tuniscof, @Speedy@vlad, @Ufilov

10 hours ago, Wumo said:

Prediction Design for Semifinals Men's Curling WCF World Championship 2021 Prediction Contest is now available here

Deadline is April 10, TBA (GMT -6)

Notice to all contestants: https://worldcurling.org/2021/04/covid/

"During the rigorous exit testing procedures put in place for the World Men’s Curling Championship 2021, positive COVID-19 cases have been identified. The World Curling Federation, Curling Canada and Alberta Health are now following the COVID-19 response plan for the championship.

The World Curling Federation’s priority is to ensure the health and safety of all participants of the World Men’s Curling Championship 2021. As a result, the 09:00 MDT play-off game between United States and Switzerland will not be played at the scheduleAll playoff teams will undergo testing on Saturday morning, and until the results are clear and it’s known that the players are safe, no further games will be played.",

The Semifinals depend on the result of :USA vs :SUI :

>>> if win :USA willl be SWE(1) vs (5)SCO and RCF (2) vs (3) USA

>>> if win  :SUI will be  SWE(1) vs (6)SUI and RCF (2) vs (5)SCO

Maybe also the SF predictor will not be considered, for a lack of time to predict

8 minutes ago, Henry_Leon said:

The Semifinals depend on the result of :USA vs :SUI :

>>> if win :USA willl be SWE(1) vs (5)SCO and RCF (2) vs (3) USA

>>> if win  :SUI will be  SWE(1) vs (6)SUI and RCF (2) vs (5)SCO

Maybe also the SF predictor will not be considered, for a lack of time to predict

You are absolutely correct about it. I hadn't really taken notice of that. Sorry! :facepalm:

At the moment, we don't know when, or if the matches, will be contested. I would suggest all contestants to keep an eye on updates and news from these championships. I will post an update in this thread when we know more about when the matches will continue and scheduled to go ahead. To all those contestants who have posted their predictions, if the Semifinals are placed within a close time schedule to the last Qualification Game, I would really consider not to count these Semifinals due to lack of time to make predictions.

Update about the Men's Curling WCF World Championship 2021 Prediction Contest:

It has now become official that the remaining play-off games will go ahead: https://worldcurling.org/2021/04/wmcc2021-update/

They will all be played today in a tight time schedule. Due to the even tighter time schedule now after the postponement, I unfortutanely have to inform that the Semifinals and Medal Matches will not be counted in the standing, as I see it, it would be too short of a notice for all contestants to make their predictions between rounds. It wouldn't be fair to me to expect everybody would be able to make predictions in the middle of night when it's Monday tomorrow. I'm really sorry for all the inconvenience these last days has caused and a prediction contest has to end in such a way.

The top 3 predictions will be counted in the final standing and the complete final standing will be ready at some point tomorrow.

I hope you all will understand this decision, or at least to some degree, and I'm sorry it had to come to this.

Wumo

@juliosilva, @hckošice, @Agger, @Monzanator, @toulousain, @Hipooo, @Henry_Leon, @George_D, @Gianlu33, @Vojthas, @PakoNatxo, @Pablita, @africaboy, @ady48, @Herberth10, @Federer91, @varnoldr, @SteveParker, @tuniscof, @Speedy @vlad, @Ufilov