website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

https://totallympics.com/uploads/monthly_2021_03/2021Contest5.png.8be86acc00fe6e7370e98577f9585111.png

Final Standing available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg :wFRA: EupenM
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg  :wGRE: George_D 
ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b - Copy (2).jpg :wBRA: juliosilva

It was a superb performance by the Russian skaters in Stockholm at these world championships. In the prediction contest we also had superb performances and it was a close competition between many predictors. In the end, these three predictors ended with the medals. They are @EupenM, @George_D, @juliosilva. Big congratulation to all three medallists.

On top of the podium and securing the gold medal was @EupenM. With eight gold medals and one perfect predictions through the contest, the numbers speak for itself. This is to my knowlegde the first gold and medal in any prediction contest for the EupenM. It's always fantastic to see new faces among the medallists. He secures France their second gold medal this year. A huge congratulation with the gold medal. Well-deserved! :champion:

Securing the silver medal was @George_D. With solid predictions each day and being in the top of the standing, it is a very deserved silver medal for him. It's his second medal this year and the first of silver. Maybe soon he will take a step up on the podium and complete a medal set for this year. Congrats with the silver medal! :thumbup:

The bronze medal was up fro grabs for many predictors. Three predictors ended with the same amount of total points, 57 points in total. But with eight gold medals and one perfect predictions, it was one of the top predictors for 2021, @juliosilva, that secured his second medal of 2021 already by winning the tie-break against @IoNuTzZ and @Dolby. Another great perfomance by juliosilva. He continues his great start of the season. Big congrats with the bronze medal! :cheer:

The honourable mentions will this time go to these three predictors, @IoNuTzZ, @Dolby and @Gianlu33. Both IoNuTzZ and Dolby were as close as they could get to win a medal by only losing on tie-break. It's very unfortunate when you miss out on a medal on this rule. However both predictors can look back on a great contest and maybe soon they will get their first medal of the season. In 6th-place came @Gianlu33. He needed a really good last day to have a chance for a medal. Unfortunately it wasn't enough this time to come on the podium for the second time in 2021. But another top place for him this year continuing his strong start.

Lastly, thank you to all who participated in this prediction contest. According to the original calendar we would have a break for a month now after the women's ice hockey world championship was postponed to early May. But this postponement opened up for having another prediction contest in April. The men's curling world championship will begin this Friday in Calgary, so remember to make your prediction before the deadline and start of the first match. 

That's all from me, your prediction contest manager, Wumo. :) 

I m really upset . I thought Curling begins on April 3rd as on the general calendar .. i had scheduled to put my predictions today before it begins . I see you dudnt correct the mistake yet on the calendar !!

Spoiler

20210403_101837.png

32 minutes ago, tuniscof said:

I m really upset . I thought Curling begins on April 3rd as on the general calendar .. i had scheduled to put my predictions today before it begins . I see you dudnt correct the mistake yet on the calendar !!

Reveal hidden contents

20210403_101837.png

Hey tuniscof

I'm really sorry not to have updated the suggested contests calendar in some time as it seems that is the one you have been following. For the future, the suggested contests calendar is only provisional. During the year, many contests can be moved and many of them listed in the section will not happen. The calendar, where you can see winners and participants numbers, will always be the official one. Dates and contests there are the ones that will be contested, of course unless a change happens shortly before start, like postponement or cancellation. Already the women's ice hockey IIHF world championship have been moved from April to May, as shown in the calendar. The calendar is the official one, the suggested contests are only provisional. I also do my best to tag everybody who has participated in a contest this year when I open a new one about a week before the first matches/events, so users can be noticed in advance.