website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

33 minutes ago, George_D said:

@Wumo which will be the next prediction contest?

- Women's Handball EHF Europeam Championship - Dec. 3-20

- Wrestling UWW World Championships - Dec. 12-20

These are the last two scheduled contests for this year. Of course it's not certain both events will go ahead as scheduled due to the current circumstances around COVID-19. My fingers are crossed that they will both go ahead as planned.   :fingers:

3 hours ago, Wumo said:

https://totallympics.com/uploads/monthly_2020_09/2020Contest11.png.f7ab2ed3adfe5adea4e448d2699a24f6.png

Final Standing available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg :wITA: Pablita
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg  :wROU: africaboy 
ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b - Copy (2).jpg :wITA: Henry_Leon 

Yesterday, the last Grand Tour of a quite different cycling season had its conclusion. Now riders can go on well-deserved and need break and prepare for a new season. 

Totallympics Prediction Contests hasn't yet reached its conclusion this year, but it will soon. It's time to look at the podium of this contest

With no doubt the convincing winner of this contest was @Pablita . She has had the lead since Day 3 and she slowly build a more and more solid lead day by day. She had the only perfect prediction in this contest on Day 8. Combined with other solid Stage predictions and one of the best Classification predictions, she wiped off all other contestants to secure the win. It's her first gold medal of the season. A huge congratulation to @Pablita with the impressive win and gold medal. Congrats!:champion::bowdown:

I feel like I'm starting to repeat myself in some of these final recap of the contest. And the next part will feel familiar to many of you. In an uncontested second place we find @africaboy who yet again achieve a podium place. Once again, he showed his high-level prediction skills to secure him another medal. He has been in second place through most of contest which shows his impressive stability in these contests. It's his third silver medal and fifth medal of this year! You deserve the highest respect for your impressive medal record this season. :bowdown: A big congratulation with yet another silver medal. :thumbup:

To decide the third place, a double tie-breaker had to be applied to break this tie for the last place on the podium. This close battle for third place was between @Henry_Leon and @EupenM. Both had almost identically scores in both Stage predictions and Classification predictions. But as revealed above, it was @Henry_Leon who won it with most correct predicted 2nd places. He was amongst the top predictors through the whole of the contest. Just like his fellow Italian, Pablita, this is the first medal of the season for him. He also becomes the fourth Italian predictor to accomplish this. Congrats with bronze medal and podium place, @Henry_Leon :thumbup:

It was so close for @EupenM to win his first Totallympics Prediction Contest medal. To be beaten after a double tie-breaker, must feel tough in the moment. In spite of this, he can definitely feel that he did achieve a very good result overall with a 4th place and the best Classification score amongst all contestants. Hopefully the luck will shine on you in a future contest and you will get your first medal. For now you can be proud of an excellent place in this contest. :)

Once again, we have @ady48 in 5th place. Another great performance which shows that he is amongst the top predictors overall.

It seems I can repeat my words for the last contest and say that the last honourable mention will go to the current leader of 2020-season overall, @toulousain. He was in equal 2nd place before the last day but scored a bit lower in the Classification predictions in comparison to his competitors. Still he secured himself another top place to secure some valuable points to the overall standing.

Lastly, big thank you to all the users who took part in this prediction contest. This month will be quiet when it comes to prediction contests. However December will bring some more action, hopefully, with the Women's European Handball Championship and World Wrestling Championships. In the meantime, I will prepare the 2021 Totallympics Prediction Contests calendar. It will contain many suggested contests for 2021. Of course not all of them will be contested and some will likely be affected by changes due to the ongoing pandemic. So please bear in mind that the calendar will only be provisional. I will present the calendar and suggested contests in the end of November or start December.

That's all from me, your prediction contest manager, Wumo. :) 

Jumbo Visma GIF by Team Jumbo-Visma

Hello! Thank you Wumo for your kind words - best wishes for you! Congratulations Pablita and Henry Leon - great medals guys! Stay safe and healthy all!

7 hours ago, Wumo said:

https://totallympics.com/uploads/monthly_2020_09/2020Contest11.png.f7ab2ed3adfe5adea4e448d2699a24f6.png

Final Standing available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg :wITA: Pablita
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg  :wROU: africaboy 
ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b - Copy (2).jpg :wITA: Henry_Leon 

Yesterday, the last Grand Tour of a quite different cycling season had its conclusion. Now riders can go on well-deserved and need break and prepare for a new season. 

Totallympics Prediction Contests hasn't yet reached its conclusion this year, but it will soon. It's time to look at the podium of this contest

With no doubt the convincing winner of this contest was @Pablita . She has had the lead since Day 3 and she slowly build a more and more solid lead day by day. She had the only perfect prediction in this contest on Day 8. Combined with other solid Stage predictions and one of the best Classification predictions, she wiped off all other contestants to secure the win. It's her first gold medal of the season. A huge congratulation to @Pablita with the impressive win and gold medal. Congrats!:champion::bowdown:

I feel like I'm starting to repeat myself in some of these final recap of the contest. And the next part will feel familiar to many of you. In an uncontested second place we find @africaboy who yet again achieve a podium place. Once again, he showed his high-level prediction skills to secure him another medal. He has been in second place through most of contest which shows his impressive stability in these contests. It's his third silver medal and fifth medal of this year! You deserve the highest respect for your impressive medal record this season. :bowdown: A big congratulation with yet another silver medal. :thumbup:

To decide the third place, a double tie-breaker had to be applied to break this tie for the last place on the podium. This close battle for third place was between @Henry_Leon and @EupenM. Both had almost identically scores in both Stage predictions and Classification predictions. But as revealed above, it was @Henry_Leon who won it with most correct predicted 2nd places. He was amongst the top predictors through the whole of the contest. Just like his fellow Italian, Pablita, this is the first medal of the season for him. He also becomes the fourth Italian predictor to accomplish this. Congrats with bronze medal and podium place, @Henry_Leon :thumbup:

It was so close for @EupenM to win his first Totallympics Prediction Contest medal. To be beaten after a double tie-breaker, must feel tough in the moment. In spite of this, he can definitely feel that he did achieve a very good result overall with a 4th place and the best Classification score amongst all contestants. Hopefully the luck will shine on you in a future contest and you will get your first medal. For now you can be proud of an excellent place in this contest. :)

Once again, we have @ady48 in 5th place. Another great performance which shows that he is amongst the top predictors overall.

It seems I can repeat my words for the last contest and say that the last honourable mention will go to the current leader of 2020-season overall, @toulousain. He was in equal 2nd place before the last day but scored a bit lower in the Classification predictions in comparison to his competitors. Still he secured himself another top place to secure some valuable points to the overall standing.

Lastly, big thank you to all the users who took part in this prediction contest. This month will be quiet when it comes to prediction contests. However December will bring some more action, hopefully, with the Women's European Handball Championship and World Wrestling Championships. In the meantime, I will prepare the 2021 Totallympics Prediction Contests calendar. It will contain many suggested contests for 2021. Of course not all of them will be contested and some will likely be affected by changes due to the ongoing pandemic. So please bear in mind that the calendar will only be provisional. I will present the calendar and suggested contests in the end of November or start December.

That's all from me, your prediction contest manager, Wumo. :) 

Jumbo Visma GIF by Team Jumbo-Visma

Hello! Thanks @Wumo for this contest. I'm very happy to be near the podium. I'll try to be stronger in handball(if this Championship takes place ofc).

• 3 weeks later...