website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

20 minutes ago, Wumo said:

Provisional Standing of the ATP/WTA US Open Prediction Contest after Day 1 is available here

After some thinking, I have come to the decision that the current rule of no edits will stay as it is. Edits will not be allowed before anything else has been announced by me, the prediction contest manager, in the Prediction Contests Discussion thread.

@Henry_Leon, @africaboy, @George_D, @Pablita, @ady48, @PakoNatxo, @vlad, @Speedy, @CiroMennella99, @Agger, @Federer91, @heywoodu, @titicow, @Dolby, @Ufilov, @hckosice, @Dunadan, @Monzanator, @toulousain, @Vic Liu, @Wanderer

@Herberth10, @rybak, @EupenM, @Laraja

So for those already attended the contest, no edits allowed until top16 known then we could use the new draw. Am I right?

@Wumo Just a doubt.

For example. I predicted the victory of João Sousa :POR against Mmoh :USA

But Mmoh won the match. So, now in the next Round Mmoh, against the german guy(who I predicted correctly) I will get any point from this match, If I predict the wiinner and sets correctly, even it being another player on Sousa's place?

6 minutes ago, Laraja said:

@Wumo Just a doubt.

For example. I predicted the victory of João Sousa :POR against Mmoh :USA

But Mmoh won the match. So, now in the next Round Mmoh, against the german guy(who I predicted correctly) I will get any point from this match, If I predict the wiinner and sets correctly, even it being another player on Sousa's place?

Thank you for asking

To use your example with :POR Joao Sousa against :GER Jan-Lennard Struff. You predicted :USA Mmoh to go through and play against :GER Struff. With the result of yesterday, your chance of scoring 2 points in this match is no longer possible. If you have predicted :GER Struff to win in the Round of 64, you can still score 1 point in case he wins his second round match against :POR Sousa. 

42 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

@Wumo Another question?

:TPE Jung retired during the 5th set, how to calculate this if I predict he lost 0:3 and 2:3 respectively? 

Any withdrawals, including retirement from a match, will not be counted. 

Provisional Standing of the ASO/UCI Tour De France Prediction Contest after Day 4 is available here

To all contestants, you are now allowed to edit your predictions until the start of Stage 5, 13:20 (GMT +2)

@toulousain, @Monzanator,@Henry_Leon, @africaboy, @George_D, @Agger, @Pablita, @ady48, @heywoodu, @SteveParker, @hckosice, @Federer91@PakoNatxo,@Ufilov,@vlad, @titicow

@Dunadan, @Herberth10,@rybak, @EupenM, @Laraja

14 minutes ago, rybak said:

Once again :POL Kamil Majchrzak gets new opponent, he will play now against :USA Ernesto Escobedo...

@Wumo This match won't be counted as well or maybe we can send predicitions for this match (and further in this part of draw) in PM?

The match will not be counted. It wouldn't be fair to give such a short notice. 

Also, :ESP J. Munar retired in his match against :AUT D. Thiem. As a result of this, the match will not be counted. From what I can see, every contestant has picked Thiem to win this match.