website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

Okay folks, a slight change of the rules.

I have decided that I will allow edits. When I have published the provisional standing, I will announce which sections you are allowed to edit. Example: "You are now allowed to edit sections 1-4 in Men's and Women's tournament".

You will be allowed to edit the players and scores for the next rounds in the mentioned sections.

I must be going a bit mental for suggesting such a thing, but oh well :lol:

@Henry_Leon, @africaboy, @George_D, @Pablita, @ady48, @PakoNatxo, @vlad, @Speedy, @CiroMennella99, @Agger, @Federer91, @heywoodu, @titicow, @Dolby, @Ufilov, @hckosice, @Dunadan, @Monzanator, @toulousain, @Vic Liu, @Wanderer

@Herberth10, @rybak, @EupenM, @Laraja

1 minute ago, Wumo said:

I have decided that I will allow edits. When I have published the provisional standing, I will announce which sections you are allowed to edit. Example: "You are now allowed to edit sections 1-4 in Men's and Women's tournament".

You will be allowed to edit the players and scores for the next rounds in the mentioned sections.

@Henry_Leon, @africaboy, @George_D, @Pablita, @ady48, @PakoNatxo, @vlad, @Speedy, @CiroMennella99, @Agger, @Federer91, @heywoodu, @titicow, @Dolby, @Ufilov, @hckosice, @Dunadan, @Monzanator, @toulousain, @Vic Liu, @Wanderer

Yeah, not sure about that. It took a lot of time to fill the bracket, just to have to do it again now. :finger: :d 

If this was the case, we should have just predicted round by round matches. I think we should keep, what we have now, and spare everyone some time going back and rechecking the sections every day. Going forward we could predict round-by-round? 

Sounds like a terrible idea tbh. Someone can edit completed matches from any day half-way through the order of play and claim her picked the right winner straight away. Does @Wumo really want to compare when edits were made to when matches were finished to expose the fraud?

I picked Kerber to beat Tomljanovic 2-1 in sets. What stops me from editing the result to 2-0 and claiming the extra point for the game? :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Sounds like a terrible idea tbh. Someone can edit completed matches from any day half-way through the order of play and claim her picked the right winner straight away. Does @Wumo really want to compare when edits were made to when matches were finished to expose the fraud?

I picked Kerber to beat Tomljanovic 2-1 in sets. What stops me from editing the result to 2-0 and claiming the extra point for the game? :dunno:

That is also my biggest worry about this. There are so many matches that it can be difficult for me to keep track of them. Especially when users are allowed to edit them. 

I'm able to see when and what users have changed visually. But of course it would still take a lot of my time to check. That is also why I suggested edits would only be allowed after I have published the provisional standing. 

1 minute ago, Wumo said:

That is also my biggest worry about this. There are so many matches that it can be difficult for me to keep track of them. Especially when users are allowed to edit them. 

I'm able to see when and what users have changed visually. But of course it would still take a lot of my time to check. That is also why I suggested edits would only be allowed after I have published the provisional standing. 

This might help but that's still a lot of extra work for you and I'm pretty sure someone will try to edit the results to gain extra points by simply picking the right set score at the very least. I'd leave it as it is - without the edits allowed - since this is opening a can of worms for no valid reason. The Paire/Granollers change was addressed early enough.

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

This might help but that's still a lot of extra work for you and I'm pretty sure someone will try to edit the results to gain extra points by simply picking the right set score at the very least. I'd leave it as it is - without the edits allowed - since this is opening a can of worms for no valid reason. The Paire/Granollers change was addressed early enough.

I will consider what to do exactly about this before I publish the first provisional standing. When I publish the first provisional standing tomorrow, I will announce if the rules about edits will be changed or stay the same. I will tag/mention all contestants so everybody knows what the rules will be. 

1 hour ago, Wumo said:

you mean for us open

Provisional Standing of the ATP/WTA US Open Prediction Contest after Day 1 is available here

After some thinking, I have come to the decision that the current rule of no edits will stay as it is. Edits will not be allowed before anything else has been announced by me, the prediction contest manager, in the Prediction Contests Discussion thread.

Edit: The matches between :TPE J. Jung - :ARG F. Coria and :USA M. Brengle - :UKR L. Tsurenko have not been counted, as :TPE J. Jung and :UKR L. Tsurenko withdrew from these matches.