website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

• 3 months later...

Hey Totallympians

As more and more sport starts again after a long break due to the Corona-pandemic, I could be interested in hearing which events you might want to see as prediction contests?

Here are some suggestions for prediction contests on top of my head:

- Cycling - Tour de France 

- Cycling - Road Cycling WCH

- Tennis - US Open or Roland Garros, maybe both

- Table Tennis - World Team Table Tennis Championships

- Badminton - Thomas & Uber Cup

- Cycling - Giro d'Italia or Vuelta España

- Cricket - Men's T20 World Cup

- Tennis - WTA Finals

- Baseball - Women's Baseball World Cup

- Handball - European Women's Handball Championship

Maybe:

- Tennis - ATP Finals, if it's going to be held

- Floorball - Men's World Floorball Championships

What do you think about these suggestions? Feel free to come with other suggestions.

That's all from me,

Totallympics' Prediction Contest Manager 

Wumo

@toulousain, @dcro, @Monzanator, @Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo, @Henry_Leon, @Dolby, @ritesh, @africaboy, @Vojthas, @George_D, @Agger, @Pablita, @ady48, @heywoodu, @SteveParker, @Speedy, @hckosice, @JOSE SEIJO, @Federer91, @PakoNatxo, @vinipereira, @Gianlu33, @Ufilov, @NikolaB, @tuniscof, @vlad, @szy123

@Dunadan, @Herberth10, @mihamiha, @MCMXC, @IoNuTzZ, @Wanderer, @Dnl, @SalamAkhi, @Michal Hroch, @anuj, @brunamoura, @rybak, @Benolympique, @Laraja, @sami-eg, @CCB, @justony, @LDOG, @Chatan, @andreas1990, @Kirkpatrick, @EselTheDonkey, @Topicmaster1010, @monte88, @Illya

Acum 5 ore, Wumo a spus:

Hey Totallympians

As more and more sport starts again after a long break due to the Corona-pandemic, I could be interested in hearing which events you might want to see as prediction contests?

Here are some suggestions for prediction contests on top of my head:

- Cycling - Tour de France 

- Cycling - Road Cycling WCH

- Tennis - US Open or Roland Garros, maybe both

- Table Tennis - World Team Table Tennis Championships

- Badminton - Thomas & Uber Cup

- Cycling - Giro d'Italia or Vuelta España

- Cricket - Men's T20 World Cup

- Tennis - WTA Finals

- Baseball - Women's Baseball World Cup

- Handball - European Women's Handball Championship

Maybe:

- Tennis - ATP Finals, if it's going to be held

- Floorball - Men's World Floorball Championships

What do you think about these suggestions? Feel free to come with other suggestions.

That's all from me,

Totallympics' Prediction Contest Manager 

Wumo

@toulousain, @dcro, @Monzanator, @Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo, @Henry_Leon, @Dolby, @ritesh, @africaboy, @Vojthas, @George_D, @Agger, @Pablita, @ady48, @heywoodu, @SteveParker, @Speedy, @hckosice, @JOSE SEIJO, @Federer91, @PakoNatxo, @vinipereira, @Gianlu33, @Ufilov, @NikolaB, @tuniscof, @vlad, @szy123

@Dunadan, @Herberth10, @mihamiha, @MCMXC, @IoNuTzZ, @Wanderer, @Dnl, @SalamAkhi, @Michal Hroch, @anuj, @brunamoura, @rybak, @Benolympique, @Laraja, @sami-eg, @CCB, @justony, @LDOG, @Chatan, @andreas1990, @Kirkpatrick, @EselTheDonkey, @Topicmaster1010, @monte88, @Illya

I vote for Road cycling WCH, US Open and Roland Garros, Cricket and baseball (would be interesting) and Handball Women ECH. And maybe for one of those 3 cycling tours:mumble:

As always I am in for all, but I definitely have a preference for everything on two wheels, especially in this list :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Given the scarce calendar we have this year i think a Grand Tour and a Grand Slam should definitely be in. 

For cycling, the Tour is the obvious choice, as the biggest race and with the best field. And since we have had no season so far, it would make for an interesting dynamic for a change. Maybe we can do a Vuelta too, but i don't know how many people would like to have 2 full Grand Tour contests. 

For tennis, i'm voting for Roland Garros, since the US is more questionable and many players will probably skip it. RG will definitely have more depth between the two and the players will have accustomed more being back on the Tour. 

No football listed, so i can add, that we can finally make a contest for the Champions League and Europa League. Now that UEFA decided to have final tournaments for both Cups we can predict before each round like we do for other football contests. We have 12 1/8 matches left + 14 from the 1/4 onwards. 26 matches is good for a contest and we can have different points for perfect score prediction, only advancing team, or a goalscorer in the match etc. 

We have also the European Aquatics Championships in august, though not sure if they are still going forward.  

32 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Given the scarce calendar we have this year i think a Grand Tour and a Grand Slam should definitely be in. 

For cycling, the Tour is the obvious choice, as the biggest race and with the best field. And since we have had no season so far, it would make for an interesting dynamic for a change. Maybe we can do a Vuelta too, but i don't know how many people would like to have 2 full Grand Tour contests. 

For tennis, i'm voting for Roland Garros, since the US is more questionable and many players will probably skip it. RG will definitely have more depth between the two and the players will have accustomed more being back on the Tour. 

No football listed, so i can add, that we can finally make a contest for the Champions League and Europa League. Now that UEFA decided to have final tournaments for both Cups we can predict before each round like we do for other football contests. We have 12 1/8 matches left + 14 from the 1/4 onwards. 26 matches is good for a contest and we can have different points for perfect score prediction, only advancing team, or a goalscorer in the match etc. 

We have also the European Aquatics Championships in august, though not sure if they are still going forward.  

It has been postponed to 10-23 May 2021

https://len-budapest2020.com/2020/05/05/the-2020-european-aquatics-championships-postponed-to-may-2021/

I wouldn't mind doing a prediction contest for Champions League and Europa League. :) And as you write, maybe change the point system and include some extra predictions options.