website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

29 minutes ago, bestmen said:

you have to close this prediciton , we didn't predict 2 Bronze

wanderer was wrong

I'm not going to close down the prediction contest. It is true that fencing awards two bronze medals to the losers of the semifinals, like they have done for a long time, but all users in the prediction contest have only chosen one bronze medallist, as written in the first post,"Keep in mind that two bronze medals are awarded in individual events, but only one should be predicted". Therefore no user has gained any advantages. 

Edited by wumo26

1 hour ago, wumo26 said:

I'm not going to close down the prediction contest. It is true that fencing awards two bronze medals to the losers of the semifinals, like they have done for a long time, but all users in the prediction contest have only chosen one bronze medallist, as written in the first post,"Keep in mind that two bronze medals are awarded in individual events, but only one should be predicted". Therefore no user has gained any advantages. 

"Yes, I have read the terms and conditions" :p A bunch of experts in all Olympic sport disciplines while none of us knows about two bronze medals in fencing...  that looks great :)

It wasn't a mistake...Wanderer told me he could do like this because of the spreadsheet used for points calculation (it is not set up for two bronze medallists)...nothing irregular as far as I see, it's written in the rules.

And there are people who follow fencing all year long here, it's a big exaggeration to claim that nobody knew about the two bronze medals.:)

Edited by Dunadan

2019Contest12.png

Final Standing available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg :wGER: chrischi08
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg :wEGY: thepharoah
ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b - Copy (2).jpg :wFRA: toulousain

To sum up this and the last prediction contests, I will use a famous sports quote (slightly rewritten). "Totallympics Prediction Contest is a simple game. Between 20-30 users try to predict as many correct results and medallists as possible and score as many points there are available and in the end,@chrischi08 wins".

Another gold medal to his collection. His 5th this year! Congratulation once again! :champion: :bowdown:

The host nation didn't had much succes on the field, but it's a different story in the Totallympics prediction contest. A certain pharaoh, no, I'm not talking about the one playing in Liverpool, but Totallympics' own @thepharoah who secured a fantastic silver medal for himself and Egypt after a strong finish. First medal of the year for him. Congrats, man! :cheer:

So close for @toulousain to win a silver medal! But a well-deserved bronze medal after an unlucky 4th-place in the Gold Cup prediction contest. Second medal of the year. Bravo! :thumbup:

Unfortunately for prediction contest veteran,@Pablita, it ended with an unlucky 4th-place after being 3rd before the final match. May you have better luck in the current and upcoming prediction contests. :hug:

Lastly, thanks to all who participated! With the water polo and fencing contests well underway, the focus will shift to the upcoming Swimming WCH Prediction Contest which already starts tomorrow. So remember to make you picks before the deadline! 

That's all from me, your substitute prediction contest manager, Wumo. :)

Edited by wumo26