website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

@Dunadan can't be disqualified because he posted the predictions first and he can't spy on the others because he isn't an admin.

I know that @vlad can see the predictions of all the users but I don't think he cheated because

1) if he wanted to copy the results, he would make a better work for avoiding to be discovered: copy all results except a bronze medal is quite stupid because you can easily be discovered

2) there aren't so many teams/athlets and there aren't so many races in this competition so similar results can happen because we don't have so many players

3) vlad is an experienced user and I don't remember a single time when he was less than correct in the predictions contests so I can't believe that after so many years he decided to copy for win

I think that we should consider these similar predictions (if we don't have any proof) an unfortunate event and keep both in the final standings.

For the future the best thing is that the prediction manager checks before (or just at the beginning) if an admin has very similar predictions with an other user and ask for him to modify them (I know more work for @Wanderer but less problems in the end :) ).

Anyway I will accept any decision took by the predictions committee.

I will accept vlad's predictions for sure. He was on forum maybe even before me and he wasn't included in any controversy ever. I guess Dunadan and vlad had the same sources of information when they made their predictions :d 

Also, I think all admins can still participate in the prediction contest. I mean, they are admins based on their honour as well. 

2018Contest14.png

Final Standing available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg :POL suchyy7
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg :ITA Dunadan
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg :ROU vlad

He came, saw and conquered. Convincing win for @suchyy7 and first gold medal for him and Poland this season! Congratulation :champion: 

A bit controversial end, but shoulder to shoulder, without photofinish, @Dunadan and @vlad were both great with their predictions and awarded with silver medal! Romania finally woke up, while Dunadan keeps dominating prediction contests! Well done guys :bowdown: 

No bronze medal this time, @juliosilva was close enough, passed the 60 points bar, but couldn't go further. Great result for @Federer91 and @chrischi08 too.

Thank you all who participated and special thanks goes to @phelps for his help :hatoff:  

I saw only now that me and Dunadan have almost same predictions. I think many of the users knows me very well and I didn't have such problems in the predictions. I can't believe we have the same points but to avoid any suspicions I'm agree to award juliosilva with bronze medal instead silver for me. Anyway I'm used to be a loser in these contests:lol: I apologize for this situation and I explained to Wanderer in PM more details.