website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

:VEN and :DOM received sprint quotas due to VISA problems entering :CAN in 2018 for Pan Am Championships. :BIZ received an additional spot. 2015's smallest team is now officially up to 5 quotas (1 in body building, 3 in canoeing and 1 in triathlon). With two in athletes likely and two possibly in women's road cycling, they have tripled their team from 4 years ago. 

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

:VEN and :DOM received sprint quotas due to VISA problems entering :CAN in 2018 for Pan Am Championships. :BIZ received an additional spot. 2015's smallest team is now officially up to 5 quotas (1 in body building, 3 in canoeing and 1 in triathlon). With two in athletes likely and two possibly in women's road cycling, they have tripled their team from 4 years ago. 

So according to my calculations there were 16 places to be reallocated. In addition to the above NOC's, who else got an extra place?

15 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

So according to my calculations there were 16 places to be reallocated. In addition to the above NOC's, who else got an extra place?

I am not sure. But Tuesday it will be released on COPAC website.

@mrv86 No new countries got quotas. Only 18 qualified in sprint.

Edited by intoronto

The athletics qualification system is going to lead to another mess like in Toronto 2015. Toronto 2015 was only given a quota of 680, the same amount of entries as in Guadalajara 2011. PASO failed to realize 2015 was being held at a more friendly time during the year (which would increase entries). A total of 1100 athletes qualified to enter and not all could compete due to the quota. 

In 2019, same scenario. 740 quotas given, with countries allowed to enter relay specific athletes, however the entry quota per event equals the maximum quota. :facepalm:So we are likely to end up with more athletes entered then quotas. 

22 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Thank you... so most likely everyone get an extra quota, the exception being Canada which already fulfilled max.

7 minutes ago, intoronto said:

The athletics qualification system is going to lead to another mess like in Toronto 2015. Toronto 2015 was only given a quota of 680, the same amount of entries as in Guadalajara 2011. PASO failed to realize 2015 was being held at a more friendly time during the year (which would increase entries). A total of 1100 athletes qualified to enter and not all could compete due to the quota. 

In 2019, same scenario. 740 quotas given, with countries allowed to enter relay specific athletes, however the entry quota per event equals the maximum quota. :facepalm:So we are likely to end up with more athletes entered then quotas. 

Always the same in athletics :wall:

Well Mexico is not going to enter every athlete that qualifies, as the idiot federation put more strict marks... in some cases, they go way past our own NR :lol:

21 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Always the same in athletics :wall:

Well Mexico is not going to enter every athlete that qualifies, as the idiot federation put more strict marks... in some cases, they go way past our own NR :lol:

Surprisingly Canada has followed PanamSports standards. Literally all the events minus a couple have 2 qualified in each.

The strict quotas per event will lead to small countries with 1-2 entries each. I am predicting :VIN will have the smallest team in Lima, with 3 total (1 athletics, 2 in swimming). Their female weightlifter is in "negotiations" to join the team as well. 

Edited by intoronto

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

So will just have a larger amount entries most likely (as in more boats per event)?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela