website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

7 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

I have a general question : as some of the european territories (Guadeloupe, Martinique, Curaçao ...) have entered the Central American and Caribbean Games last year, is it possible that some day they could also enter the Panam Games ?

Someday yes, but not this year

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:URU URUGUAY :URU 

145 competitors, 103 men & 42 women

(04 AT | 12 BK | 04 B3 | 06 BP | 02 BV | 02 BB | 01 BX | 04 CF | 02 CR/CT | 10 EQ | 16 HO | 18 FB | 04 GO | 02 GA | 01 JU | 02 KA | 03 MP | 10 RO | 12 RU | 09 SA | 05 SH | 01 SK | 02 SU | 05 SW | 01 TK | 03 TE | 01 TR | 03 WL)

Flagbearer: Julieta MAUTONE - Shooting

@vinipereira

Edited  by mrv86

On 02/07/2019 at 18:23, De_Gambassi said:

I have a general question : as some of the european territories (Guadeloupe, Martinique, Curaçao ...) have entered the Central American and Caribbean Games last year, is it possible that some day they could also enter the Panam Games ?

I would like to see Greenland competing.

:BOL BOLIVIA :BOL 

45 competitors, 27 men & 18 women

(02 AT | 03 AR | 01 BD | 01 BP | 02 BB | 01 CS | 01 CB | 02 EQ | 02 GA | 02 GO | 01 KA | 04 MP | 07 RA | 07 SH | 04 SW | 04 TE | 01 TR)

Flagbearer: Conrado MOSCOSO - Racquetball

@vinipereira

It seems Bolivia wants to medal in another sport besides Racquetball (they will be favorites for gold in men's events) as Hugo Dellien will also enter the tennis tournament.

18 hours ago, mrv86 said:

It seems Bolivia wants to medal in another sport besides Racquetball (they will be favorites for gold in men's events) as Hugo Dellien will also enter the tennis tournament.

Yes, they accepted every possible quota. I think Bolivia wants to be seen as a "sports nation", especially after the success of hosting the South American Games - and their plans of maybe being hosts of the 2027 Pan American Games.

4 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Yes, they accepted every possible quota. I think Bolivia wants to be seen as a "sports nation", especially after the success of hosting the South American Games - and their plans of maybe being hosts of the 2027 Pan American Games.

And as soon as they publish the list, Dellien declares he will not compete at Lima :facepalm:

@intoronto do you know if Bolivia keeps the place or is going to be reallocated?

Edited by mrv86

:GUA GUATEMALA :GUA

144 competitors, 72 men & 72 women

(06 AR | 09 AS | 07 AT | 08 BD | 01 BP | 04 BV | 02 BB | 04 BW | 01 BX | 02 CF | 02 CB | 01 CM | 04 CR/CT | 10 EQ | 04 GO | 02 GA | 02 JU | 02 KA | 05 MP | 04 RA | 02 RO | 07 SA | 17 SH | 03 SS | 03 SQ | 08 SW | 04 TT | 06 TK | 04 TE | 03 TR | 06 WL | 01 WR)

Flagbearer: Jorge VEGA - Artistic Gymnastics

@vinipereira

Curiously, they rejected three quotas in shooting, two in equestrian, and women's table tennis. Any news about this last one @intoronto