website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

:CAN declined two more quotas in cycling (men's bmx racing and women's bmx freestyle)

The BMX quota was originally awarded to an athlete who was injured.

This has to be the most stupid national federation in Canada.

Edited by intoronto

On 29/06/2019 at 01:22, vinipereira said:

Our committee announced 472 athletes for the Games, a little less than predicted since the number in Athletics was reduced by 5 (thanks to some mix-up with the organizing committee) and Bia Haddad withdrew from the Tennis competition (she was our best chance of a medal in this sport).

We can still qualify a team in Men's Rugby but that's unlikely given the pool composition of the qualifying tournament.

Artistic gymnastics and group rhythmic gymnastics are empty. We barely have 5 women and 5 men who are healthy and competitive enough right now in artistic gymnastics, so why the suspense? The group in rhythmic gymnastics not being decided is understandable because they are trying different combinations and severely increasing the difficulty, but artistic gymnastics should be a no brainer.

And finally Thiago Monteiro was not selected for the table tennis team. I always complain whenever he is included, but the thing is he always earned a medal. Now it looks like he has finally called his quits, and I'm okay with that. Bring on the new guys (though Jouti is not really new, but this competition will be a great experience for him).

:ESA EL SALVADOR :ESA

56 competitors, 30 men & 26 women

(03 AR | 02 AS | 01 AT | 02 BD | 01 BP | 04 BV | 02 BB | 04 BW | 02 BX | 02 GA | 01 JU | 01 RO | 01 SA | 09 SH | 02 SS | 03 SQ | 03 SU | 05 SW | 03 TE | 01 TR | 03 WL | 01 WR)

@vinipereira

Edited by mrv86

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

:ESA EL SALVADOR :ESA

56 competitors, 30 men & 26 women

(03 AR | 02 AS | 01 AT | 02 BD | 01 BP | 04 BV | 02 BB | 04 BW | 02 BX | 02 GA | 01 JU | 01 RO | 01 SA | 09 SH | 02 SS | 03 SQ | 03 SU | 05 SW | 03 TE | 01 TR | 03 WL | 01 WR)

@vinipereira

My count is a 29/27 split?

I have a general question : as some of the european territories (Guadeloupe, Martinique, Curaçao ...) have entered the Central American and Caribbean Games last year, is it possible that some day they could also enter the Panam Games ?