website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

10 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Our committee announced 472 athletes for the Games, a little less than predicted since the number in Athletics was reduced by 5 (thanks to some mix-up with the organizing committee) and Bia Haddad withdrew from the Tennis competition (she was our best chance of a medal in this sport).

We can still qualify a team in Men's Rugby but that's unlikely given the pool composition of the qualifying tournament.

Wow, I'm shocked by your volley pairs, never heard of them 

55 minutes ago, intoronto said:

@vinipereira

Another team size, :CAY, 6 athletes, one less the in Toronto 2015.

https://cayman27.ky/2019/06/olympic-committee-names-team-of-six-for-2019-pan-am-games/

Please can someone tell the reporter there's no 400m butterfly evet :lol:

16 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Please can someone tell the reporter there's no 400m butterfly evet :lol:

And that the 2019 Pan American Gymnastics Championships were held in Doha :rofl:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

Wow, I'm shocked by your volley pairs, never heard of them.

Me neither :p (to be fair, I've heard of Carol Horta before, as she won a bronze in Toronto with another partner).

We have 5 pairs in each gender competing for the 2 Olympic spots, 4 of which are competing at World Championships. So of course the tour is much more important than Pan Ams, which don't give points for Tokyo qualification.

11 hours ago, intoronto said:

I called this earlier this month. Lol you would think, where over 400+ athletes extra entered in 2015, they would increase the quota to somewhere there, but no they came up with a hastily put system.

It was bound to happen. And we actually lost 7 athletes initially, but our committee somehow managed to "save" 2 athletes in the process. Pity for the other 5, even though they didn't have any realistic chance of winning a medal.

21 minutes ago, intoronto said:

So the karate athlete who qualified under the Curacao flag will indeed compete for :ARU 

@vinipereira 

Well at least they still let him go.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela