website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

31 minutes ago, intoronto said:

So two are competing in pool and open water? I wonder if Uana counts them in open water which opens up an additional two spots.  

Actually in the end the male open water swimmers selected won't compete in the pool. So we have 34 in the pool events (18 men + 16 women) and 4 in Open Water (2 each gender), but Viviane Jungblut will also compete in the pool so that equals 37 athletes (the list is in this post).

Brazil could have opted to send 2 more female athletes but the level isn't great.

:VIN has gotten a reallocated spot in cycling (this is official and I believe first official spot for the country). Belize unfortunately has not. 

Other changes:
road/track :ARG, :VEN +1

road/track :ARU. :MEX  +2 

MTB :HON +2 

MTB :CHI +1, :CUB +1 

MTB :USA -2

MTB,BMX Freestyle and BMX racing :PER -1 each

BMX Freestyle :COL +1 

BMX Racing :VEN +1 

:CAN declined four spots in men's road/track cycling :facepalm:What a complete stupid organization is Cycling Canada. Completely stupid and run by idiots, I hope they read this. From using a lame excuse to not enter mountain biking to declining quotas!

@vinipereira

Edited by intoronto

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

:VIN has gotten a reallocated spot in cycling (this is official and I believe first official spot for the country). Belize unfortunately has not. 

Other changes:
road/track :ARG, :VEN +1

road/track :ARU. :MEX  +2 

MTB :HON +2 

MTB :CHI +1, :CUB +1 

MTB :USA -2

MTB,BMX Freestyle and BMX racing :PER -1 each

BMX Freestyle :COL +1 

BMX Racing :VEN +1 

:CAN declined four spots in men's road/track cycling :facepalm:What a complete stupid organization is Cycling Canada. Completely stupid and run by idiots, I hope they read this. From using a lame excuse to not enter mountain biking to declining quotas!

@vinipereira

I don’t quite understand why the US rejected their MTB quotas either. I happy with the countries who received the quotas though

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@Olympian1010 @mrv86 @anyoneelse

Do you happen to know whether or not USA and/or Mexico have already announced their MTB teams? I'm specifically interested in the women.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

@Olympian1010 @mrv86 @anyoneelse

Do you happen to know whether or not USA and/or Mexico have already announced their MTB teams? I'm specifically interested in the women.

I believe the US rejected it’s quotas in that event.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela