website statistics

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Sindo

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

Is it me or forum is in different outline colours?

Yes, I have added some themes and users can choose the background colour they prefer.

To change them just choose it from the list at the end of the website, pressing on the button "Theme":

Immagine.png

The default theme is all white, then there are some other colours and I can add some others in the future, if users have some suggestions you can write it here, just consider that background colour has to be a bit different from the 5 olympic rings colours otherwise they will mix up with the logo.

Also I have removed the Introduction section and opened a thread only for introduction where new users could write in the future: http://totallympics.com/index.php?/topic/208-totallympics-introduction-thread/

10 more languages apart from English have been added, you can edit the language clicking on "Language" at the end of each page. Please check your language and report if there are too many mistakes in the translation. More languages could be added in the future if IPS will release the language pack for that language.

F_icon.svg.png

Please note that it will change only the language of forum buttons, but the only language accepted around the forum (except that in National Threads) will still be English!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, less than 3 months to go to Rio 2016 and we now have to open the Olympic Threads, of course one for each Olympic Sport.

I have prepared the format for the first post, which is pretty simple, just with some basic information and the Schedule for that sport. Here is the Archery Olympic Thread, and the Handball Olympic Thread, to use as an example for all other sports (you have one individual sport and one team sport template): http://totallympics.com/index.php?/topic/16-test-thread/&do=findComment&comment=908

The Schedule of course is still provisional for most sports, and you can base it on this PDF file: https://www.rio2016.com/sites/default/files/users/Samuel%20Green/olympic_ticket_guide_150116.pdf You will then update the schedule in the next weeks when a more detailed schedule will be available.

Now you can start to prepare these threads, but first of all we should decide users who will open threads for each  sport, to avoid more users would open the thread of the same sport.

So in this thread, if you are interested to open a thread, you can reserve the sport you want to open the thread for. I will update the list so that you know which sports are still “free” to take. You can write here up to 3 Olympic Sports you want to open the Olympic Thread for and I will then allocate them accordingly. Of course you can also choose Archery and Handball, which are already ready.

Please note that if you open the thread you should be responsible for updating it before (and possibly even during) Rio 2016, so if you don’t want or can’t use the format we used, please leave the Olympic Threads to someone else. Of course many of us still have to learn a lot about this new forum software and how to work with tables and formats, but I am of course ready to help you if you have any problems with that and I’m sure everyone would be able to learn it, and it could also be useful for the future when hopefully we will start to post sports results again on the forum.

I will then confirm you through PM (and updating the list here too) that a sport has been allocated to you and you can start working on that thread. But please don’t open the thread yet, work on that in a post into the Test Thread, so that if you have some problems you can ask for help before to open the thread, and so that all Olympic Threads will be opened more or less in the same period (when everyone of them will be ready, hopefully few weeks).

OlympicIRL is preparing the formats for the results, so when you will open the thread you will have to “reserve” a post for each sport events, so for example 4 reserved posts for Archery, 47 for Athletics, 5 for Badminton and so on.

• Archery – Dolby

• Athletics – OlympicIRL

• Badminton – Griff88

• Basketball – George_D

• Beach Volleyball – mrv86

• Boxing phelps

• Canoeing-Slalom – hckosice

• Canoeing-Sprint – dareza

• Cycling-BMX – Agger

• Cycling-Mountain Bike – Agger

• Cycling-Road – hckosice

• Cycling-Track – Agger

• Diving – mrv86

• Equestrian – dcro

• Fencing – phelps

• Field Hockey – LDOG

• Football – vlad

• Golf – Danylove80

• Gymnastics-Artistic George_D

• Gymnastics-Rhythmic George_D

• Gymnastics-Trampoline George_D

• Handball – hckosice

• Judo George_D

• Modern Pentathlon – Vojthas

• Rowing – dareza

• Rugby Sevens – juddy96

• Sailing – Crolympic

• Shooting – Harsh Shah

• Swimming – DaniSRB

• Synchronized Swimming – George_D

• Table Tennis – vinipereira

• Taekwondo – mrv86

• Tennis – Danylove80

• Triathlon – uk12points

• Volleyball – batbobi

• Water Polo – DaniSRB

• Weightlifting vlad

• Wrestling – juddy96

Reserving 47 separate posts for athletics? That means the results will only be posted in the first 1-2 pages of each thread so all the rest of the threads remain available for discussion instead of being spammed full with results? :hatoff:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Reserving 47 separate posts for athletics? That means the results will only be posted in the first 1-2 pages of each thread so all the rest of the threads remain available for discussion instead of being spammed full with results? :hatoff:

Yes, that's the plan ;)