website statistics

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Sindo

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Where’s a good source to learn HTML? I would actually invest a lot more time into Wikipedia, if I knew I could accomplish more.

You don't have to learn HTML to contribute to Wikipedia, but if you do, it helps a lot learning the ropes. I learned basic HTML in 1998 (lol, I'm old), so I'm not even sure about what could be a good source for newcomers. Wikipedia has great tutorials for you to get started, and it might seem like a lot at first but once you get the hang of it, it will be pretty simple and straightforward. 

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Where’s a good source to learn HTML? I would actually invest a lot more time into Wikipedia, if I knew I could accomplish more.

https://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-html

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

You don't need HTML in Wiki, just learn from their tutorials. Or I'd say that you just use your sandbox for experimenting, try copyediting, before making an article from scratch.

Just now, Griff88 said:

You don't need HTML in Wiki, just learn from their tutorials. Or I'd say that you just use your sandbox for experimenting, try copyediting, before making an article from scratch.

Especially because it is automatically converted. You only need to understand and remember some basic commands, for example to use flags

7 hours ago, Griff88 said:

Yeah I did a little bit of that a few years when I was bored in high school. I did a few pages, but the only I remember now is the 2013 Summer Universiade results for the K1 or C1 200m.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I am currently studying Java c++ and c# but some friends of mine are more into HTML and so they bought some online courses so what i am trying to say is that i guess there are planty of those on HTML and basicly on anything and some may be a good source for learning

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Apparently we are moving to 300k posts :cheer:

And almost 4000 deleted posts apparently, because this post of yours is already post 303800 :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 5 months later...

After a long wait, we have a new section on Totallympics: https://totallympics.com/news/

@Olympian1010 aka @Matt Nelsen, @Vojthas aka @Wojciech Nowakowski, @John Foyne and @intoronto already posted some articles there, you can follow and comment their articles from that link.

You can also get to the news page from the navigation menu

November1.png

and from the "latest news" block in the home page.

You can also join their team if you are interested to write articles, contacting them in private.

• 1 year later...