website statistics

Para Athletics at the Summer Paralympic Games 2020

Fly_like_a_don

6 hours ago, Dolby said:

I am sorry, but these things should not happen. You can't come back half a day later and say sorry we made a mistake, you are not eligible for this competition or sorry, the WR throw that you made yesterday was a foul and our judges couldn't spot it in real time. All these things should be handled before competition.

That's why the Paralympics still have a lot to evolve. Late decisions like the ones that happened at these Games and other subjective things (classification, for instance) give a lot of discredit to the whole movement.

Now all that's left for Brazil are the marathon events and the bronze medal match in badminton. I know Vitor is the reigning World bronze medalist, and I had high hopes before the event, but somehow I think he had a much better chance of beating the guy from :HKG than the guy from :GBR. I have little to no hope of a medal in the final day, what is a shame because we have won more than one medal on every single day of the competition so far.

Any idea yet what happened with the Brazilian F57 shot put athlete? Live stream only showed the top-3 athletes' best throws and nothing weird happened there, but since the mentioned rule (WPA 2.13.5) seems to have something to do with the removal of clothing, one would imagine maybe he tore off his short or something?

https://www.paralympic.org/sites/default/files/2021-02/WPA Approved Amendments (January 2021).pdf

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Any idea yet what happened with the Brazilian F57 shot put athlete? Live stream only showed the top-3 athletes' best throws and nothing weird happened there, but since the mentioned rule (WPA 2.13.5) seems to have something to do with the removal of clothing, one would imagine maybe he tore off his short or something?

https://www.paralympic.org/sites/default/files/2021-02/WPA Approved Amendments (January 2021).pdf

The jury didn't show any video evidence to our committee regarding the annulment of his best marks. Worse, he gave up his last throw because he already won... and 11 hours later this happens. This is probably the most commented Paralympics-related thing in Brazil, people are outraged.