website statistics

Biathlon IBU Summer World Championships 2021

Totallympics

I don't know what to think of this championship and if it correlates well with what we're going to get when winter arrives.

Romanov got 6th and 8th in sprint and pursuit, could've even medaled in the sprint if he didn't miss that one target, looked a lot better compared to some athletes that he always lost to last season and earlier, but I'm not sure if I should buy into the hype :d

He also praised the new B team coach from Belarus and said that he's feeling a lot stronger both physically and psychologically, as well as starting to shoot a bit faster.

I wonder how he'll look compared to Banys, Fomin and Mačkinė, all of whom are from the same junior batch. 

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

I don't know what to think of this championship and if it correlates well with what we're going to get when winter arrives.

I agree, with so many people not there, who knows.  But that being said, props to those who competed and won.  

1 hour ago, RobtheAggie said:

I agree, with so many people not there, who knows.  But that being said, props to those who competed and won.  

I always remember that Kaisa Makarainnen - at that time still half a cross-country skier - got her first ever wins in summer biathlon & then started to get winter wins as well.

19 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

I always remember that Kaisa Makarainnen - at that time still half a cross-country skier - got her first ever wins in summer biathlon & then started to get winter wins as well.

Good point, so with that, Davidova will continue her rise!  I actually think that she is one of the top 7 or so that will challenge for the overall when Eckhoff eventually comes back to earth.