website statistics

[POLL] Which Nations will be in the Medal Count Top 10 at the Summer Paralympic Games 2020?

vinipereira

[POLL] Which Nations will be in the Medal Count Top 10 at the Summer Paralympic Games 2020?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Nations will be in the Medal Count Top 10 at the Summer Paralympic Games 2020?

• Australia
    • Brazil
    • Canada
    • China
    • France
    • Germany
    • Great Britain
    • Iran
    • Italy
    • Japan
    • Netherlands
    • New Zealand
    • Poland
    • Russian Paralympic Committee
    • South Korea
    • Spain
    • Ukraine
    • United States
    • Uzbekistan
    • Other option

This poll is closed to new votes

With just a few events to go, :CHN and :GBR have secured 1-2. The others are too close to call. :RPC and :USA will fight for 3rd, :NED and :UKR for 5th (Ukraine needs a gold medal in Shooting), and :BRA and :AUS for 7th. :ITA has secured 9th place.

:AZE has a pretty good chance of ending in the top 10 with only 19 medals! They have 14 golds, and  :GER has 13. Germany has to win gold in the last Shooting event in order to get 10th place (which is difficult, but possible since they have a world class shooter competing). With 10 golds, :JPN is not entirely out of the equation just yet, but it would have to win at least 4 gold medals in the last day.

6 hours ago, vinipereira said:

With 10 golds, :JPN is not entirely out of the equation just yet, but it would have to win at least 4 gold medals in the last day.

With no sports where athletes receive subjective scores, it's hard for Japan to keep pushing for a higher place on the medal table. I mean, except for Equestrian.

My point is: no surfing, skateboarding or gymnastics to artificially increase their medal tally this time. Not one single gold medal earned by the Japanese in these sports at the 2020 Olympics was deserved, in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

With no scores where athletes receive subjective scores, it's hard for Japan to keep pushing for a higher place on the medal table. I mean, except for Equestrian.

My point is: no surfing, skateboarding or gymnastics to artificially increase their medal tally this time. Not one single gold medal earned by the Japanese in these sports at the 2020 Olympics was deserved, in my opinion. 

You forgot race walking, cause those athletes were clearly given a free pass to run :p

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

You forgot race walking, cause those athletes were clearly given a free pass to run :p

Yep, lots of free passes here and controversial decisions -- always beneficial to Japan, of course -- at the 2020 Olympics. I hope they never host anything related to the Summer Olympics again while I'm alive. It's easier for me to be elected the most handsome man in the world than it is for all of this to have been a mere coincidence.

Just as an indication of how Russia's return effected the medal table here is the impact on the four countries who topped 100 medals in 2016.

:CHN  239 - 207        -32

:GBR  147 - 124         -23

:UKR  117 - 98           -19

:USA  115 - 104         -11

:RUS  0 - 118             +118

Italy appear to have made significant progress with a 30 medal gain (39 - 69). Overall we've seen a greater spread of medals as the competition has grown in the two main sports of athletics and swimming.

9 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

Just as an indication of how Russia's return effected the medal table here is the impact on the four countries who topped 100 medals in 2016.

:CHN  239 - 207        -32

:GBR  147 - 124         -23

:UKR  117 - 98           -19

:USA  115 - 104         -11

:RUS  0 - 118             +118

Italy appear to have made significant progress with a 30 medal gain (39 - 69). Overall we've seen a greater spread of medals as the competition has grown in the two main sports of athletics and swimming.

:BRA got the exact 72 medals of 2016, which is great considering Russia's return.