website statistics

Athletics WA World Championships 2022

George_D

I'm really looking forward to these Championships. As it's on a Friday, Day 1 is quiet - good for me as I'm away watching women's Euro football

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

17 hours ago, MHSN said:

Iran is not going to participate in this World Athletics Championships. or I should say "can't participate"

reason: visa being denied

we had these problems with certain countries before but now it sounds like a blanket ban. they are denying visa for everybody in all sports.

Serbia denied visa for athletes from Kosovo for the World Boxing Championship and the whole world went crazy against them. but yes I get this. this is law of jungle.

The sad thing is, a lot of fans (like people here) are equally sad about Iranian athletes being denied entry into the US as they/we are about Serbians being denied entry into Kosovo, but sadly we don't really have any influence on the situation...

Politicians though...yeah. Never mind politicians.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 7/12/2022 at 9:49 PM, Grassmarket said:

I took a list of all countries and eliminated those that are listed here. The resulting countries might have access to the YouTube coverage then (probably not, but gotta try to find some way to watch the things I can't watch live, which will be most, and won't be shown on Dutch NOS, which is basically everything except for the night sessions):

Spoiler

Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Andorra
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Bulgaria
Cambodia
East Timor
Fiji
Georgia
Ireland {Republic}
Kazakhstan
Kiribati
Korea North
Kyrgyzstan
Laos
Libya
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Malta
Marshall Islands
Micronesia
Moldova
Monaco
Mongolia
Myanmar, {Burma}
Nauru
Palau
Papua New Guinea
Philippines
Romania
Russian Federation
Samoa
San Marino
Singapore
Slovakia
Solomon Islands
Taiwan
Tajikistan
Thailand
Tonga
Tunisia
Turkmenistan
Tuvalu
Uzbekistan
Vanuatu
Vatican City
Vietnam

Looking at the VPN regions Norton offers, personally I've got some hope to be viewing 'from' Singapore, Romania or Ireland, which all aren't in the broadcast list.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I took a list of all countries and eliminated those that are listed here. The resulting countries might have access to the YouTube coverage then (probably not, but gotta try to find some way to watch the things I can't watch live, which will be most, and won't be shown on Dutch NOS, which is basically everything except for the night sessions):

Hide contents

BBC have a lot of coverage which you’ll be able to get, but it does swap from BBC1/BBC2 to cable channels you won’t be able to get.

The Irish federation has posted a tweet stating the event can be seen on BBC and YouTube, which suggests putting the VPN on Ireland should make it possible to watch the full YouTube streams :cheer: