website statistics

Tennis ITF US Open 2021

George_D

There were chances, but they were minimal and Novak let them slip out of his hands. It is a bitter end. And the paraphrase Mouratoglou, the support Novak needed in his quest came too late. I am not sure if Novak can win more slams, but I hope he has one more in him to put point on it.

And congartulation to Medvedev, that was some superb match, serving above all! Finally a next gen player wins a Slam! (I don't count Thiem as a next gen :d)

I think in the next season the doors will be finally open for the young ones to win slams. Who is going to be next, Zverev or Tsitsipas? :cheer: 

next season in ATP will bee really interesting , the old Soldiers Novak and Nadal with some group of talents that finally won somethings big so they'll believe much more in their selves Theim , Medvedev , Zverev , Tsitisipas , and u can add to them Alliasime , Shapovalov maybe and the one who i thin will boom next year alcaraz i'm really waiting for this boy on clay for instance , who know Murray could do somethings big , ofc u can also count for Sinner and Schwartzman , we can have some really fine tennis 

Djokovic crumbles under the weight of history. Imagine, when even his mental fortitude couldn't withstand the pressure of this once in a lifetime achievement. The usual fighting spirit wasn't there and a bunch of very shaky decisions and plays really did him bad. Very uncharacteristic for him.  All props for Daniil of course, he played a lights out match and showed why he is the (second) best hard court player in the past 2 years. That serve, those forehands, absolutely brutal. He was due to win a big GS and getting it in this situation could be the point that pushes him to the next level.

On 9/12/2021 at 9:30 AM, Grassmarket said:

Hopefully Emma will now have enough money to buy a second dress.  :roflmao:

You snob, you! 😊

Incidentally she's now odds on favourite for Sports Personality of the Year which is really unusual for a non-Olympian in an Olympic year. Last time it happened was 1996 when an overall poor Olympic performance combined with Damon Hill's F1 title win after being robbed by Schumacher's "accidental" shunt two years earlier.

12 hours ago, Wanderer said:

There were chances, but they were minimal and Novak let them slip out of his hands. It is a bitter end. And the paraphrase Mouratoglou, the support Novak needed in his quest came too late. I am not sure if Novak can win more slams, but I hope he has one more in him to put point on it.

And congartulation to Medvedev, that was some superb match, serving above all! Finally a next gen player wins a Slam! (I don't count Thiem as a next gen :d)

I think in the next season the doors will be finally open for the young ones to win slams. Who is going to be next, Zverev or Tsitsipas? :cheer: 

Unlike Serena Williams I think he will still go on to break the record, though.