website statistics

Tennis ITF US Open 2021

George_D

Just look how many similarities Sakkari’s run in US open and Roland Garros have.

She beat a Ukrainian player in the first round. Kostyuk in US open, Zavatska in RG.

She defeated two grand slam singles champions in each. Kvitova and Andreescu in US open, Kenin and Swiatek in RG.

She defeated a grand slam doubles champion. Mertens in RG and Siniakova in US open.  

She beat the defending champion. Swiatek in RG, Andreescu wasn’t exactly a defending champion in US open, but she was still defending her 2019 points.

She survived a tight three setter. Against Andreescu in US open, against Mertens in RG.

She defeated her quarterfinal opponent with exactly the same score, 6-4 6-4. Against Pliskova in US open, against Swiatek in RG.

In the end, she was beaten in the semifinals of both tournaments. 

2 hours ago, LuizGuilherme said:

Luísa :( sad moment

Very sad. It looked very nasty. She was in the form of her life in recent months and her partnership with Dabrowski already had great results, despite being together for a short time. Let's hope it isn't as serious as it looked.

I was negatively surprised that the umpire let the point continue with an injured player on the ground.

I want to be the first to congratulate so congratulations Leylah Fernandez for being the first Filipina to win a grandslam. :champion:I know that deep in your heart you want to compete for the Philippines and I predict that you will do the right thing by representing the Philippines in the 2024 Olympics. :cool:

47 minutes ago, maestro said:

Just look how many similarities Sakkari’s run in US open and Roland Garros have.

She beat a Ukrainian player in the first round. Kostyuk in US open, Zavatska in RG.

She defeated two grand slam singles champions in each. Kvitova and Andreescu in US open, Kenin and Swiatek in RG.

She defeated a grand slam doubles champion. Mertens in RG and Siniakova in US open.  

She beat the defending champion. Swiatek in RG, Andreescu wasn’t exactly a defending champion in US open, but she was still defending her 2019 points.

She survived a tight three setter. Against Andreescu in US open, against Mertens in RG.

She defeated her quarterfinal opponent with exactly the same score, 6-4 6-4. Against Pliskova in US open, against Swiatek in RG.

In the end, she was beaten in the semifinals of both tournaments. 

Wow, very interesting. Thank you for posting this!

So this year we had four semifinals in majors (Tsitsipas at Australian Open and RG, Sakkari at RG and US Open). Only Serbia (Djokovic at all four) and Russia (Medvedev AO and US, Karatsev AO and Pavlyuchenkova RG) have the same amount.

Djokovic is a robot not normal human :D i really find it weired when people find a one guy controlled ATP or even 3 in the last 15 years more interesting than a new champion every tournament WTA , at least we don't know the winner before the tournament 

I have hated Djokovic for most of his career, but for some time now and after sunday it's time to say that he is the undisputed GOAT of this sport. There won't be any big records or things that he hasn't accomplished left and his mental game is second to none. Some of The Federer/Nadal stans (especially on MTF) would always dispute it, but people should being more objective