website statistics

Athletics at the European Championships 2022

Totallympics

5 hours ago, hckošice said:

:SVK Team Slovakia :SVK

MEN

• Ján Volko (100m, 200m)
  • Šimon Bujna (400m, 4x400m Relay)
  • Martin Kučera (400m Hurdles, 4x400m Relay)
  • Matej Baluch (400m Hurdles, 4x400m Relay)
  • Miroslav Úradník (20km Race Walk, 35km Race Walk)
  • Dominik Černý (20km Race Walk, 35km Race Walk)
  • Michal Morvay (35km Race Walk)
  • Oliver Murcko  (4x400m Relay)
  • Patrik Dömötör (4x400m Relay)
  • Miroslav Marček (4x400m Relay)
  • Franklin Henry (4x400m Relay)
  • Roman Haraslín (4x400m Relay)
  • Adrián Pavelka (4x400m Relay)

WOMEN

• Viktória Forster (100m, 100m Hurdles)
  • Emma Zapletalová (400m Hurdles)
  • Daniela Ledecká (400m Hurdles)
  • Veronika Kaňuchová (Hammer Throw)
  • Hana Burzalová (20km Race Walk, 35km Race Walk)
  • Ema Hačundová (35km Race Walk)

Team Goal is one Final, under normal circumstances should not be a big problem for Zapletalová, however she is just returning from a serious injury which caused her to miss the entire first half of the season, and started the preparation only last month, so very hard to predict anything, a eventual qualification for the Finals would be definitely great.

We are also sending 9 athletes in the 4x400 relay but only 4 will actually start in the Heats (whom 3 will be certainly the double starters) and since the chances to advance fro the heats are somewhere around 0, five athletes will have a nice free trip to Munich :p

9 athletes for relay? :-D only one athlete in technical discipline. It is poor :-(

45 minutes ago, stepansevs said:

9 athletes for relay? :-D only one athlete in technical discipline. It is poor :-(

Well, we could have 2, but the Javelin Thrower was not invited, although the intended number of competitors was not reached. There will be 1 less starter in M Javelin Throw for a very stupid reason I am not going to comment, but you can read about it in slovak. https://sportnet.sme.sk/spravy/me-2022-v-atletike-slovenska-vyprava/

As you see, Our Team leader was not exactly happy to say the least  :p

9 Team Relay members is probably the biggest scam I ever noticed in any of our sport federation, but hey, It is summer, everybody need some free vacation. Slovaks do love going to Croatia, but a week in Munich to watch a multisport event is not bad as well I guess :lol:

42 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Well, we could have 2, but the Javelin Thrower was not invited, although the intended number of competitors was not reached. There will be 1 less starter in M Javelin Throw for a very stupid reason I am not going to comment, but you can read about it in slovak. https://sportnet.sme.sk/spravy/me-2022-v-atletike-slovenska-vyprava/

As you see, Our Team leader was not exactly happy to say the least  :p

9 Team Relay members is probably the biggest scam I ever noticed in any of our sport federation, but hey, It is summer, everybody need some free vacation. Slovaks do love going to Croatia, but a week in Munich to watch a multisport event is not bad as well I guess :lol:

It is not fair. And i do not know why they do not invite him now. Official list should ve known on 8th August, So there still is time.

20 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Still no news about the :POL team but I assume it will be released after Kamila Skolimowska Diamond League meeting tomorrow.

No news about :CZE team too and we will not have any meeting in these days. Official announcement of our nomination should have been at 2nd August.

Probably officers are on Holiday in Croatia now :-D

7 hours ago, Belle said:

Sweden’s best chances are Duplantis and Karlström. Will also be interesting to see what Sagnia and Montler can do. 

I have no faith in Ståhl sorry. 

:thumbup:

What's up with Maja Askag? All of her PB's are from 2021, did she suffer from an injury? Thought she'd be competitive in senior competitions nowadays. 

6 hours ago, FireRun said:

Meanwhile I have all the confidence in Čeh to bring it home :d

Perhaps Mykolas will bring more of a challenge in 2023 season, because this year I don't think Čeh is beatable. 

My best hopes are two medals again, but I think Stahl will be very angry after Worlds and Gudžius is done for this time for sure :lol: 

1 hour ago, Werloc said:

What's up with Maja Askag? All of her PB's are from 2021, did she suffer from an injury? Thought she'd be competitive in senior competitions nowadays. 

She hasn’t been injured what I know. She just has been disappointing this year I think :(

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Still no news about the :POL team but I assume it will be released after Kamila Skolimowska Diamond League meeting tomorrow.

Surely Maria Andrejczyk will absent on list of selected athletes, as she today announced end of season due to injuries.