website statistics

Archery WA World Championships 2021

Totallympics

Another good day for Mexico, moving 3 archers into quarterfinals: Miguel Becerra (Men’s Compound), Andrea Becerra (Women’s Compound) & Alejandra Valencia (Women’s Compound), who reached that stage beating two Mexican competitors Ana Vazquez in 1/16 and Gaby Schloesser (competing for the Netherlands) in 1/8. As usual, the weak link in the lineup is in men’s recurve.

Tomorrow, two Mexican teams will shoot for gold, so I hope for the best.

Also, another curiosity, as it seems some quotas for the World Games will be contested among quarterfinal losers in compound individual events for both genders. 

I can't believe it! A MEDAL FOR MARCUS!!!

Seriously, there are five sports where I never expected a medal for Brazil EVER at the World Championships: slalom canoeing, weightlifting, wrestling, fencing and archery. Now we have a medal in all of them. Unbelievable! 

14 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I can't believe it! A MEDAL FOR MARCUS!!!

Seriously, there are five sports where I never expected a medal for Brazil EVER at the World Championships: slalom canoeing, weightlifting, wrestling, fencing and archery. Now we have a medal in all of them. Unbelievable! 

The next goal has to be table tennis. :d 

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

And what a result of our archery. A silver from Marcus, a fourth place from our women's team and a fifth place from our men's team (which lost to the unbeatable Korea).

Honestly, I don't even know if we'll be able to achieve a similar result someday. :d