website statistics

Wrestling UWW Junior World Championships 2021

Totallympics

27 minutes ago, MHSN said:

@heywoodu :NED will have a finalist in Greco-Roman wrestling. that's a bit surprising I guess. and he had a tough draw. beating Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan on his way to the final

If it’s Marcel Sterkenburg, he was third at The European Youth Champs this year

51 minutes ago, MHSN said:

@heywoodu :NED will have a finalist in Greco-Roman wrestling. that's a bit surprising I guess. and he had a tough draw. beating Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan on his way to the final

A bit surprising?! Wow, that is something I had never in my life expected, I'd have been more than a bit surprised already if there even was a Dutch participant :yikes: 

The final will be tomorrow I assume? Any idea around which time? I want to watch that!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

A bit surprising?! Wow, that is something I had never in my life expected, I'd have been more than a bit surprised already if there even was a Dutch participant :yikes: 

The final will be tomorrow I assume? Any idea around which time? I want to watch that!

I saw him winning an international senior event in Poland last year. so that wasn't a huge huge surprise for me :d

yes tomorrow. finals will start 6pm (local time in Ufa) it will be the 4th final of the day. so we will have 3 finals + 4 bronze medal matches + 2 medal ceremony before this one. probably somewhere around 7:30 pm local time.

and I have to add the star of the day was from :NOR Norway, Exauce Mukubu, he dominated and destroyed all of his opponents (including an Iranian) . a very fun wrestler to watch

14 minutes ago, MHSN said:

maybe a brother ? it's Tyrone Sterkenburg

Yes, I believe they  are brothers. Can’t claim to know much about wrestling. Jessica Blaszka won some medals for us in the past, but she ended her career after not qualifying for Tokyo

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I saw him winning an international senior event in Poland last year. so that wasn't a huge huge surprise for me :d

yes tomorrow. finals will start 6pm (local time in Ufa) it will be the 4th final of the day. so we will have 3 finals + 4 bronze medal matches + 2 medal ceremony before this one. probably somewhere around 7:30 pm local time.

and I have to add the star of the day was from :NOR Norway, Exauce Mukubu, he dominated and destroyed all of his opponents (including an Iranian) . a very fun wrestler to watch

it only took him 40 seconds to defeat our wrestler in Semis :d

14 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

it only took him 40 seconds to defeat our wrestler in Semis :d

our wrestler managed to last a bit longer :d

I will definitely follow this guy in future events. his performance in SF and QF was too good to be true :d but in junior level coaches are not into scouting or analyzing the opponents. now Russian coaches have one day to have a plan for him. we will see if he can execute his throwing techniques tomorrow or not. but he is surely a possible future star.