website statistics
Jump to content

Men's Volleyball FIVB World Championship 2022


Totallympics
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

I didn't think it would be possible to find a worse format than the one used in 2018 but here we go :facepalm:

It's literally a combination of 2010 and 2018, which were the two worst formats ever :lol: the single worst thing is the "all results carried" rule, ofc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

I didn't think it would be possible to find a worse format than the one used in 2018 but here we go :facepalm:

FIVB is just great in this :d I can't understand their obsession with this "Final six" thing. what's wrong with having 8 teams and quarterfinal round ?

btw I was checking old results and FIVB is changing format since 1994! they never used the same format twice since then in the men's WCh. I think Volleyball is the only team sport with this. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2021 at 6:53 PM, vinipereira said:

Qualifiers from CSV: :BRA and :ARG


 

 

Why on Earth does South America have just 2 teams, whereas Africa has 3 teams and North America has 5?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NaBUru38 said:

Why on Earth does South America have just 2 teams, whereas Africa has 3 teams and North America has 5?

World Ranking. The only way nations like Chile or Colombia could qualify was if they had placed ahead of Argentina and Brazil at the South American championships (and that's not happening anytime soon).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The format has been changed, since now they are looking to host the WCh in several countries...six pools of 4 teams each, then directly to the knockout phase with the top 16 (including the four best third placed teams). From 3 pool stages to 1, with a maximum of 7 matches played in total by the finalists. :rolleyes: it's unclear if the pools will stay the same, with another team in place of Russia, or there will be another draw

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

The format has been changed, since now they are looking to host the WCh in several countries...six pools of 4 teams each, then directly to the knockout phase with the top 16 (including the four best third placed teams). From 3 pool stages to 1, with a maximum of 7 matches played in total by the finalists. :rolleyes: it's unclear if the pools will stay the same, with another team in place of Russia, or there will be another draw

 

Is Ukraine the first reserve?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...