website statistics

Skeleton at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

1 hour ago, evil betty said:

Fair points.  The Nigerian bobsled is going to end up being close and were competitive, I was really cheering for them to make it. I guess I find the recent story about Frimpong hard to swallow though.  His heartbreak over the covid test is weird, why does he believe that he was going substantially better than his earlier results this season.  It is not like he did not have opportunities, and he was not close.

I think losing out on a chance to qualify in this manner after years and years of work is a tough pill to swallow. Pyeongchang was kind of an unimagined opportunity for him, as where he had always intended to target Beijing. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

He is basically trying to profit from COVID. How very commendable.

The best 7 results count for qualification, and COVID or no COVID, he already has 13 (!!) results this year.

Oh, and he also has the result from the test event where he placed 29th (last).

Goes in line with his prior self-promoting ways.

#banbestmen

IBSF released the final women's skeleton IBSF ranking. It includes 8 stages while Olympic standing should consist maximum of 7 stages as its document writes clearly. So I wonder if it will update the Olympic standing or it will just use IBSF ranking and then get complained.

4 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

IBSF released the final women's skeleton IBSF ranking. It includes 8 stages while Olympic standing should consist maximum of 7 stages as its document writes clearly. So I wonder if it will update the Olympic standing or it will just use IBSF ranking and then get complained.

IBSF rankings is not the same as the Olympic qualification ranking, though.

#banbestmen

34 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I think it is doubtful that they will update Olympic standings, however last time they published a detailed pdf pretty quickly.   There was very little change from today's race anyway.

Unless I screwed up the calculations (which is highly possible), I don't believe there were any quota changes from the past week or so.

Men:

3 quotas:

:GER Germany

:ROC ROC

2 quotas:

:AUT Austria

:CHN China

:GBR Great Britain

:ITA Italy

:LAT Latvia

:KOR South Korea

1 quota: