website statistics

Skeleton at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

:CHN China list  

Men: Yin Zheng, Yan Wengang

Women: Zhao Dan, Li Yuxi

World Cup stage winner Geng Wenqiang also with highest rank in China lost the trials on Olympic track in Yanqing. Feeling sorry for him but I respect trials result.:(

Wow this is shocking!

12 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

World Cup stage winner Geng Wenqiang also with highest rank in China lost the trials on Olympic track in Yanqing. Feeling sorry for him but I respect trials result.:(

On the plus side, China having enough depth to leave a world cup winner at home is pretty extraordinary. That program was completely nonexistent a few years ago.

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

According to Ken Childs, the IBSF had allocated the last quota to Katie Tannenbaum :ISV, which would bring us back up to 91 nations in Beijing.

The IBSF has modified their qualifying document to say that women ranked under 55 (no longer 45) are eligible.  Katie is officially qualified: https://www.ibsf.org/images/documents/downloads/Quotas/OWG_2022/IBSF_OWG_Beijing_2022_-_Skeleton_Quotas.pdf

On 1/24/2022 at 8:17 PM, Vic Liu said:

Interesting. He's able to win in Europe, meaning that he's a pretty good slider with great adaptability. If two guys can beat him on this track, they must be top notch.  

Yin Zheng is like the 4th best Chinese with very few experience abroad, but it doesn't matter in the end. He's seemingly really fast at the start, if he can carry this speed to the finish line we may have a big surprise ...

2 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Interesting. He's able to win in Europe, meaning that he's a pretty good slider with great adaptability. If two guys can beat him on this track, they must be top notch.  

Yin Zheng is like the 4th best Chinese with very few experience abroad, but it doesn't matter in the end. He's seemingly really fast at the start, if he can carry this speed to the finish line we may have a big surprise ...

Not that surprise for Chinese fans. Yin Zheng has fastest start in China also start time record holder on Sidulda. This advantage will be enlarged on home track given every contender is quite familiar with. He finished as second and Yan Wengang finished as first which is also not surprised. On previous national matches on this track, Yan Wengang usually finished as 1st and Geng Wenqiang even ranked 6th on the track. 

If it’s not the games at home, the quotas would be decided by world ranking I guess. But it’s a home games, so the quotas are solely decided by the performance on this track.

23 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Not that surprise for Chinese fans. Yin Zheng has fastest start in China also start time record holder on Sidulda. This advantage will be enlarged on home track given every contender is quite familiar with. He finished as second and Yan Wengang finished as first which is also not surprised. On previous national matches on this track, Yan Wengang usually finished as 1st and Geng Wenqiang even ranked 6th on the track. 

If it’s not the games at home, the quotas would be decided by world ranking I guess. But it’s a home games, so the quotas are solely decided by the performance on this track.

Sure, I used Geng as a benchmark for international comparison since we don't have any way to evaluate how the Chinese athlete will fare against the likes of Dukurs or Tretiakov.

Btw do you have links for this results ?