website statistics

Skeleton at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

I wonder what does most members of the so called “Athletes Comission” do besides traveling like sheiks every now and then?

I think there should be a rule in the Olympic Charter and every qualification system that NOC’s can’t reject a place obtained by an athlete, qualified by their own merits (not applicable for universality/tripartite places)

NOC’s could still retain the power to nominate athletes in those cases where quotas are awarded directly to them and they have more national competitors qualifying under the minimum criteria (like swimming, athletics)

25 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I wonder what does most members of the so called “Athletes Comission” do besides traveling like sheiks every now and then?

I think there should be a rule in the Olympic Charter and every qualification system that NOC’s can’t reject a place obtained by an athlete, qualified by their own merits (not applicable for universality/tripartite places)

NOC’s could still retain the power to nominate athletes in those cases where quotas are awarded directly to them and they have more national competitors qualifying under the minimum criteria (like swimming, athletics)

Most quotas are awarded to the NOC rather than the athlete.

You also risk the possibility of sport federations not letting their athletes attend the Olympic qualifier or the NOCs telling their athletes "if you want to go, pay for it yourself"

Don’t think Martin Haven will be joining the :SWE NOC fan club anytime soon…

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

According to Ken Childs, the IBSF had allocated the last quota to Katie Tannenbaum :ISV, which would bring us back up to 91 nations in Beijing.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

27 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

According to Ken Childs, the IBSF had allocated the last quota to Katie Tannenbaum :ISV, which would bring us back up to 91 nations in Beijing.

I wrote the IBSF a strongly worded email saying how unfair it was. Got a reply today saying they will look into it and now look. When there is a will there is a way. Good luck to Katie!

49 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I wrote the IBSF a strongly worded email saying how unfair it was. Got a reply today saying they will look into it and now look. When there is a will there is a way. Good luck to Katie!

I mean, for what you did, the least Katie should do in return is to come and join Totallympics (and TISC). :d

#banbestmen

:CHN China list  

Men: Yin Zheng, Yan Wengang

Women: Zhao Dan, Li Yuxi

World Cup stage winner Geng Wenqiang also with highest rank in China lost the trials on Olympic track in Yanqing. Feeling sorry for him but I respect trials result.:(