website statistics

Luge at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, pdr4332 said:

But in this case the selection is consistent with the rankings posted here. Would it be also possible for :GER for example to select Eitberger or any other competitor who is lower in the ranking list?

Yes, as long as the athlete met the minimum standards of the FIL

15 minutes ago, pdr4332 said:

But in this case the selection is consistent with the rankings posted here. Would it be also possible for :GER for example to select Eitberger or any other competitor who is lower in the ranking list?

Yes, the qualification criteria clearly state that the quota places are allocated to the NOC, not an athlete (https://www.fil-luge.org/cdn/uploads/beijing-2022-qualification-system-luge-v3-0-1.pdf)

6 hours ago, LowerSaxony said:

Yes, the qualification criteria clearly state that the quota places are allocated to the NOC, not an athlete (https://www.fil-luge.org/cdn/uploads/beijing-2022-qualification-system-luge-v3-0-1.pdf)

OK, thank you! (Also to JoshMartini 007)

12 hours ago, dcro said:

Netherlands will decline, so I assume Ireland is in?

No, they are in a big tie where the tie-breaker is highest single result.  New Zealand who be first but I doubt Cox has met the minimum standards, and then Bulgaria, then Ireland.

:SVK  5 Quotas (+1 in M Singles)

Our federation informed that FIL reallocated to Slovakia a second quota in the M Singles for Majo Skupek, which our federation immediately accepted and confirmed

So our Team for Beijing 2022

Jozef Ninis (M Singles, Mixed Relay)

Marián Skupek (M Singles)

Tomáš Vaverčák & Matej Zmij (M Doubles, Mixed Relay)

Katarína Šimoňáková (W Singles, Mixed Relay)

+ the already qualified

Spoiler

271732585_4998939793484625_7460081794169

271712275_4998855696826368_7707111945211

271703972_4998922403486364_2663920861156

13 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Our federation informed that FIL reallocated to Slovakia a second quota in the M Singles for Majo Skupek, which our federation immediately accepted and confirmed

Damn, FIL is quick. :surprise: I assume the quota came from GB.

#banbestmen

36 minutes ago, dcro said:

Damn, FIL is quick. :surprise: I assume the quota came from GB.

They weren’t even supposed to “inform NOCs/NFs of their allocated quota places” until Jan. 11 (tomorrow). :yikes:

Also, if :SVK got a second men’s quota, can it be assumed that :MDA:ARG either accepted or passed on a quota?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

They weren’t even supposed to “inform NOCs/NFs of their allocated quota places” until Jan. 11 (tomorrow). :yikes:

Also, if :SVK got a second men’s quota, can it be assumed that :MDA:ARG either accepted or passed on a quota?

I can't see Moldova declining. So perhaps there were other declines as well or maybe another winter IF making up their own rules 

3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I can't see Moldova declining. So perhaps there were other declines as well or maybe another winter IF making up their own rules 

Some athletes could also have lost a quota from failure to satisfy the additional eligibility requirements, but I don’t have the time to check that for each athlete.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 1/10/2022 at 9:57 PM, hckošice said:

:SVK  5 Quotas (+1 in M Singles)

So our Team for Beijing 2022

Jozef Ninis (M Singles, Mixed Relay)

Marián Skupek (M Singles)

Tomáš Vaverčák & Matej Zmij (M Doubles, Mixed Relay)

Katarína Šimoňáková (W Singles, Mixed Relay)

+ the already qualified

Reveal hidden contents

and it is Officially confirmed and accepted by our NOC now.

https://www.olympic.sk/clanok/fil-potvrdila-piatu-olympijsku-miestenku-pre-slovenske-sankovanie