website statistics

Freestyle Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

what about gender equality? :d why each team had 2 male and 1 female members (I know it's 1 M, 1 F and the last one is open but that automatically means a second male)

Short track, Freestyle skating and Ski Jumping are debuting their first ever mixed events in the olympics here. right ? I bet Tommy Bach and his friends already have a committee in place thinking about how to create a mixed event in football, basketball and handball :d they won't rest until we have mixed events everywhere

37 minutes ago, MHSN said:

what about gender equality? :d why each team had 2 male and 1 female members (I know it's 1 M, 1 F and the last one is open but that automatically means a second male)

Short track, Freestyle skating and Ski Jumping are debuting their first ever mixed events in the olympics here. right ? I bet Tommy Back and his friends already have a committee in place thinking about how to create a mixed event in football, basketball and handball :d they won't rest until we have mixed events everywhere

Mixed sprint break dance relay coming

Mixed Team Aerials
Final Results

:USA  United States
Ashley Caldwell
Christopher Lillis
Justin Schoenefeld

:CHN  China
Xu Mengtao
Jia Zongyang
Qi Guangpu

:CAN  Canada  
Marion Thenault
Miha Fontaine
Lewis Irving

Full Final Result HERE

Kind of a joke of an event with only six teams, and not very "gender equal", but oh well.

This is the first aerials Olympic medal for Canada since 2002, so that's the end of a pretty bad drought. After a rough couple years of rebuilding I'm very optimistic about this young Canadian team, Miha Fontaine in particular is really promising - he should be at his best two or three Olympics from now, 18 is very young for aerials. I think one medal was a pretty reasonable goal for the aerials team, and it's already done from the start.

Really happy for Ashley Caldwell, she's been consistently very good over the years.

The curse of the Chine aerials team continues, only one Olympic gold all time for such a consistently dominant team is shocking.

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

The event was suppose to be a free gold for China, it couldn't even do that!

I’m confused at how people thought a new aerial event would be a “free gold for China”. China is even better at chocking away Olympic golds in aerials than Canada is.

5 hours ago, NearPup said:

I’m confused at how people thought a new aerial event would be a “free gold for China”. China is even better at chocking away Olympic golds in aerials than Canada is.

Alhough USA finally had the curse of Bergoust broken today.