website statistics

Freestyle Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

On 1/18/2022 at 8:53 PM, Dennis said:

There’s nothing in the news or on the website of the Dutch Ski Federation about this, so I think it’s a mistake on the website of the FIS. 

The :NED freestyle skier Isabelle Hanssen filed a lawsuit against the Dutch Ski Federation to enforce her right to go to Beijing to participate in the Olympic Games.

:CZE Skicross female racer Diana Cholenská seems to have ACL injury. Not officially confirmed yet but it's a rumour in the media. She had a fall during WC last weekend and she says she still has a hope to fly to Beijing and compete. Anyways, if not, not sure when it would be decided and in this case, I guess the reallocation would go to the :USA ..... 

24 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

:CZE Skicross female racer Diana Cholenská seems to have ACL injury. Not officially confirmed yet but it's a rumour in the media. She had a fall during WC last weekend and she says she still has a hope to fly to Beijing and compete. Anyways, if not, not sure when it would be decided and in this case, I guess the reallocation would go to the :USA ..... 

No more eligible nations (USA has maximum athletes for freestyle skiing) so the reallocation will not happen.

#banbestmen

:CANTeam Canada - Ski Cross :CAN 

Kevin Drury (Toronto, Ont.)
Courtney Hoffos (Windermere, B.C.)
Reece Howden (Cultus Lake, B.C.)
Brady Leman (Calgary, Alta.)
Brittany Phelan (Mont-Tremblant, Que.)
Hannah Schmidt (Ottawa, Ont.)
Jared Schmidt (Ottawa, Ont.)
Marielle Thompson (Whistler, B.C.)

(Last week's World Cup gold medalist Kris Mahler was only named as an alternate)

Tess Ledex :FRA has just won her second gold medal in a row at the X-games: yesterday in Big Air, today in slopestyle. She also became the first woman to win gold medals in these disciplines at the same Games.

p.s. if she won't win at least one medal in Beijing, it will be the biggest disappointment for me at the Olympics :rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, EupenM said:

Tess Ledex :FRA has just won her second gold medal in a row at the X-games: yesterday in Big Air, today in slopestyle. She also became the first woman to win gold medals in these disciplines at the same Games.

p.s. if she won't win at least one medal in Beijing, it will be the biggest disappointment for me at the Olympics :rolleyes:

The Olympic big air format is quite high variance, but if she lands the jump package she is capable of she will win.