website statistics

Freestyle Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

:USA USA also declines both of their women's ski cross quotas. Women's ski cross might not even have 20 athletes at this point :lol:. They accepted the rest of their quotas now so they'll be at 32 athletes.

And this is exhibit 1000 why the quota limit per country for freestyle skiing should be 40 rather than 32.

The US doesn’t actually want to decline those quotas but they have to.

8 minutes ago, NearPup said:

And this is exhibit 1000 why the quota limit per country for freestyle skiing should be 40 rather than 32.

The US doesn’t actually want to decline those quotas but they have to.

This should be the last games with Ski Cross having that limit. FIS is in the process of moving it under the alpine banner (which in theory means they can send as much as they want)

8 hours ago, dcro said:

Chile declines women's ski cross too...?

That's it. Ski cross has to go down to 24 per gender, with 1/8 finals having 3 athletes per heat (that would increase safety too).

She is injured unfortunately: https://instagram.com/p/CYhK91wBDzp/  

5 minutes ago, intoronto said:

This should be the last games with Ski Cross having that limit. FIS is in the process of moving it under the alpine banner (which in theory means they can send as much as they want)

I actually think freestyle skiing and snowboarding don’t make much sense as disciplines. I would personally separate them four ways: freestyle skiing (moguls and aerials), alpine snowboarding, cross (snowboardcross and ski cross, name needs workshoping)  and park & pipe (half-pipe, big air, slopestyle).

Some quota news out of :CAN: max quotas accepted in ski cross, one quota rejected in men’s and women’s half-pipe, one quota rejected in women’s slopestyle/big air.

So currently Canada has accepted 10 women’s quota and 11 men’s quota, with moguls and aerials still pending. Canada needs to decline four quotas across these four events.

6 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I actually think freestyle skiing and snowboarding don’t make much sense as disciplines. I would personally separate them four ways: freestyle skiing (moguls and aerials), alpine snowboarding, cross (snowboardcross and ski cross, name needs workshoping)  and park & pipe (half-pipe, big air, slopestyle).

Cross has close developmental roots with slope and pipe, at least when you consider it’s stay/popularity at the X Games, but I feel it has become more alpine in recent years. In fact, the FIS generally allows alpine skiers to enter cross at the YOG if they meet the minimum requirements.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

GB declines women's ski cross.

You know, remove this event immediately. There are so many events with unjustly thin entries, while this niche event probably couldn't find 32 entries even if they were offering money to federations.

#banbestmen