Figure Skating at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

:ROC ROC

Men

Mark Kondratiuk, Mikhail Kolyada, Andrei Mozalev

Women

Kamila Valieva, Alexandra Trusova, Anna Shcherbakova

Pairs

Anastasia Mishina/Aleksandr Galliamov, Evgenia Tarasova/Vladimir Morozov, Aleksandra Boikova/Dmitrii Kozlovskii

Ice dance

Victoria Sinitsina/Nikita Katsalapov, Alexandra Stepanova/Ivan Bukin, Diana Davis/Gleb Smolkin

On 1/3/2022 at 4:37 PM, Bearas said:

Allison Reed's final application for Lithuanian citizenship just got officially declined. Saulius Ambrulevičius/Allison Reed will be replaced by 

Paulina Ramanauskaitė and Deividas Kizala.

Scratch that... Reed submitted her application to get Lithuanian citizenship for the third time.... Some public figures, including legendary Lithuanian ice dancing due Povilas Vanagas and Margarita Drobiazko making public appearances to support Reed's application based on top10 performance in Europeans...

Outcome will be made public on Monday.

Unfortunately it's highly likely that Reed's application will be rejected by president Nausėda for the third time.

On 1/22/2022 at 12:28 AM, Bearas said:

Scratch that... Reed submitted her application to get Lithuanian citizenship for the third time.... Some public figures, including legendary Lithuanian ice dancing due Povilas Vanagas and Margarita Drobiazko making public appearances to support Reed's application based on top10 performance in Europeans...

Outcome will be made public on Monday.

Unfortunately it's highly likely that Reed's application will be rejected by president Nausėda for the third time.

Reed's citizenship request rejected for the third time.

There are three covid cases in the training camp of the ROC team, in Krasnoyarsk. One is Egor Bazin, who is/was first alternative in ice dance with Elizaveta Khudaiberdieva. Their coach is also positive, Khudaiberdieva is negative, for now. The third case is not named, but it is reported to be someone from Alexei Mishin's coaching team. 

On 1/9/2022 at 1:41 PM, maestro said:

Expected decision on the one hand, but nonetheless a ridiculous and embarassing one for many reasons.

If Walsh/Michaud plan to continue skating together, I hope they will seriously consider switching citizenship and go somewhere they are respected and appreciated.

To be honest these two are not very consistent.  I am not impressed by them to be honest.

Yeah, I got hasty with my judgement against James/Radford, but then remembered Walsh/Michaud are not exactly a jackpot this season.

They competed at the GP in Japan, for instance, where they just didn't look comfortable... At all. Every element looked off.

But then again, J/R are definitely not medal contenders for Beijing. They will finish top 8, at best, which makes Radford's decision to come out of retirement odd.

#banbestmen

32 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yeah, I got hasty with my judgement against James/Radford, but then remembered Walsh/Michaud are not exactly a jackpot this season.

They competed at the GP in Japan, for instance, where they just didn't look comfortable... At all. Every element looked off.

But then again, J/R are definitely not medal contenders for Beijing. They will finish top 8, at best, which makes Radford's decision to come out of retirement odd.

I'm unhappy about J/R being on the team because of their... personalities, shall we say. But in terms of the sporting merits J/R when they have a bad skate are about as good as W/M when they are clean, so it's not like there was much of a case that isn't reliant on emotions for picking W/M. W/M are also not really improving all that much, they are clearly not a team of the future either (and frankly they should probably split and attempt to find new partners).

3 hours ago, Canada4thewin said:

To be honest these two are not very consistent.  I am not impressed by them to be honest.

Yes, I agree on that. I just want to see national trials in figure skating some day, like the ones other sports have, because for me that's the best way to decide the olympic team. That's why I hate seeing someone like them or Malinin finishing at a spot, which would give qualification, if there were national trials, but it doesn't with the current qualification process.